seeking help for phoenix sim for this beginner

tomtnt

Hi all. I have a blade 120sr that I can fly fairly well outside with very little wind and a blade 450 3d that intimidates me so far,four tries,four crashes,although the last one lasted maybe a minute,until I hit that oak tree. My questio is about the phoenix sim. When I release the right stick,the 450 just keeps on going as if I had not released.Using dx6i that came with the 450.I tried to set up tx as the sim called for. Ant and all comments will be appreciated. Happy flying to you all from Texas

wolfman76

just like on the real heli you have to make the corrections to level heli back out yourself... i wish they were that easy to fly ... lol what did you mean by ant.??? and we will try to get your question sorted out the best we can.. and WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY!!!!

Tony

Staff member
Any collective pitch heli will do that. Think of it like a marble on a sheet of glass. Every input will require a counter input to cancel it out. If you don't, it will just keep going until it eventually slams into the ground. You can't just let go of the sticks on a CP heli like you can on a fixed pitch heli. Hope this helps.

tomtnt

Ant is mispelled,meant any and all. Thanks,now I,ll have to try harder to get the cards in the spokes,although it seems the sim is even more difficult than the real thing. Perhaps I,m even earlier in the learning curve than I thought. Improving repair skills and parts inventory seems to be part of this obsession as well. Happy trails to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Tony, I guess what has me confused is that on the bench with the motor wires uncoupled,right stick commands return servos back to neutral when released [back to center stick]. Hope that makes sense. Just learning terminology has been a challenge these last six months, Must have taken six weeks to learn that the 120 fixed pitch would fly beautifully in little to no wind. I,m not the smartest, but a mule has nothing on me! Thanks again and happy trails

Tony

Staff member
Hey Stokke, you may want to put a "|" between your links with some spaces in them. Better yet, create a table to separate them out. Just a thought. By the way, that is not an "L" up there, it's the icon above the backslash above the enter key just incase you didn't know. There is another one that you can ALT and get to, but this one is easier.

stokke

Hey Stokke, you may want to put a "|" between your links with some spaces in them. Better yet, create a table to separate them out. Just a thought. By the way, that is not an "L" up there, it's the icon above the backslash above the enter key just incase you didn't know. There is another one that you can ALT and get to, but this one is easier.

Better?

Tony

Staff member
That is great. Much easier to tell the different links apart rather than mousing over them.

xokia

Ant is mispelled,meant any and all. Thanks,now I,ll have to try harder to get the cards in the spokes,although it seems the sim is even more difficult than the real thing. Perhaps I,m even earlier in the learning curve than I thought. Improving repair skills and parts inventory seems to be part of this obsession as well. Happy trails to you.
Some aspects of the sim are actually harder then the real deal. I find this to be the case with the smaller helicopters such as the 130x. I can fly pretty decent in real life but suck on the sim with the 130x. It's the opposite with the 450 I can fly pretty good with the sim and the 450 intimidates me in real life. You start to learn what the sims short coming are after flying the real thing for a while. Getting orientation down it does pretty good. But expecting the helicopter to act like it does in real life isn't going to happen. After getting used to flying a particular helicopter and knowing how it reacts you can make adjustments to the sim to get it a bit more realistic.

If you want to fly your 450 I would recommend getting a mcpx. It's going to be a better cp flight trainer then the sim and cost you signifacantly less than the 450 in a crash. That's just my $.02

Last edited:

Graham Lawrie

The Sim is more or less identical to what you will fly(Prepared to be shot down by the experts Graham):)

You need to set up the sim as you would the heli and tx in real life. Stokke posted a good thread about this. If you have Phoenix, go online tomorrow or any other time and look for RCH and we can talk/type you through it. You can set the sim up so you can learn make the sticks work in favour of your ability. Listen to me i am new but gone through so much on the sim and you have entered the best site for help and tutoring. PS Welcome to the REHELP family:)

tomtnt

Many thanks for your thoughts,I will look into the mcpx.Happy trails

- - - Updated - - -

You certainly have that correct.I did not expect such helpful info.Happy trails

wolfman76

is what we live for mt brutha so feel free to ask anything anytime just make sure to post in correct section so it is easier for us to help and also if it is ever possible to post up vids or pics with any question helps us answer questions that much faster...

Top Bottom