Second flight

treff

Second quick flight of the new Helicopter. Really chuffed that I managed to get it into the air. One thing I noticed that you can see in the video is the blade oscillation just at lift off. Is this tracking? Not brilliant flying, wind quite gusty and our front garden is very small but sheltered from the wind somewhat. My Wife Pauline almost had a haircut whoops![video]http://www.flickr.com/photos/trevwaters/8879046944/[/video] Thanks again to all on this site for the help.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Really hard to tell anything about tracking from the video. Only you can tell that by either strapping it down hard and spooling up or hovering at eye level and marking the blade tips red and black to see if they coincide.

I see the oscillation on take off, as far as I can tell thats just the efect of the training gear. as soon the heli gets light on skids a bit, training gears are in tension and they are carbon fibre legs that can oscillate and being on the ground, reflected oscillations can come to the head.. So if you were on grass starting off it would be lesser.. but might still be tehre. When and if you can hold the heli in a stable hover, and it still shakes then yeah we gotta check it mechanically and electronically. But this seemed SEEMED :D ok..

did you feel / see any oscillations in the air?

GOOOD JOB !! Keep it up!

treff

Thanks for the reply coolgabi very much appreciated. It seemed okay to me once airbourne. It seemed nice and smooth compared to the last one which was a bit of shake rattle and roll.LOL Now to get in some more practice and get that steady hover down. Cheers

Slobberdog

Hey Treff, that was a good start mate, you kept nice and cool and had the bird under control even when your camera person started to panic, lol when it went over the head, looked good, keep it up and you will be flying it like one of your planes sooner than you think,

Derek

That really was a great job, treff! Well done!

However, I would just like to say that I'd like to see you hovering in a more open area and have your camera person stand back a bit further. These helicopters are very very serious and can do some real damage to a person or your really nice windows.

...but you got the helicopter in the air and then back to the ground. Well done!!!

treff

Thanks guys for the encouragement it really is appreciated also mountaindewdude76 about safety and yes of course your right about that. I let my enthusiasm get the better of me and I must find somewhere local to fly with more space. I think the blade oscillation is down to the tracking being out and I must be more gentle on the sticks especially when landing. Anyway we are going in the right direction and learning more every day. Thanks again to a great bunch of guys. Cheers.

Westy

LEGEND
nice job! did you weigh, balance and CG the blades?.... looks like something is a little off ... more than likely tracking. Did you mark which blade you set up at 0 degrees @ mid stick? .... if so ... then try spooling up just before take of and see if the tracking is out ... if it is .... try say .. lengthening the non pitch calibrated blade by one turn .... if it gets worse ... then shorted it by 2 turns and re try.

Lee

Very good Treff,
I do think the tracking may be out as well, but that was a great first flight.

treff

Cheers Guys, yes tracking out by a mile. Forgot to do it in my rush to get the heli in the air. You could clearly see the blade oscillation just at lift off. I enjoyed the day, couple of flights. Learned a whole lot more, now I just need to practice and practice and practice and of course decide on the next heli LOL. I was thinking of the 130X, small but takes a few knocks. I have been practicing on HeliX, I turned the speed up to 150% to get more realism into the flight. Anyway again thanks to all the friendly guys here for the help its more than appreciated. Cheers.

Top Bottom