FBL Gyro Sat for ikon!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
So ok you guys. I know a few of you have set up Ikons using two satelight Rx's. So on my align 700n. Where would you mount them. The only spot on the sides of the bird are towards the back. The ikon is on the nose. What about one in back on the side and one on the bottom? I'm going to mount the ikon, satalight RX's and the two in one in the morning. I've got the servo and gov wires all routed and hidden. She's about ready to go into the setup mode! Lol just got to figure out where to put the Rx's maybe GABA would know since he had a 700. Or maybe Tony could tell me where he mounted his on the RCH heli. I know it's smaller but should be quite similar.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Put one on each side of the frame 90º orientation to each other.

OK. then they will have to go on the back of the frame. By the tail boom. Only place there is room for them.

Can you buy Sat Extenders? you would always cut, solder and shrink! haha

If you mean longer wires, I already bought them in antisapation of this.

Tony

Staff member
Here is where I attached mine. At least I think you can see them. I will know once I hit this submit button lmao. Very tight, but it worked.

20130427_225942.jpg20130427_225847.jpg

20130427_225942.jpg

20130427_225847.jpg

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You see right behind the fuel tank and up a bit where there is a square hole there under the tail shaft? That's the only spot big enough on my frame to mount the sats!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I watched it. I'll get some shots tomorrow. My frame is a little different than your is. Go figure! My nose piece had the throttle and rudder servo mounted on it. Plus right behind where the battery mounts there is a flat spot. That's where the FC goes. Where your wires go up around the frame spacer, mine go straight to the flat spot. My frame is real skinny around the fan shroud. No room there. My aileron and pitch servos are at an angle going down. May be you can see by these two pics. The side with the rudder linkage is going to be the hard one to mount.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Stick them on the front of the frame just in front of the fan shroud. It looks big enough, but may just be perspective.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Mine are one on the front of the frame pointing down

And one on the back as far as the spektrum cable takes me and pointing back.

Basically just make sure they are separated spatially and the antennas are on a different plane (offset by 90degrees) :)

And you only need a little space and you can sticky the satellite there with servo tape. It doesn't need to support everything just enough that the title body will have support and enough sticky :)
Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Top Bottom