Cameras Runcam Split 2

bigone5500

Getting the board installed. Hope to be able to fly Friday with no rain.

I soldered the wire that was on the 'TV' pad from the stack-x to the pad called video on the runcam board. Is this correct?

15198628538311883678696.jpg

bigone5500

Well, so far I'm not impressed with the runcam. This thing is so fiddly. It seems that everything I have experienced with this quad has been a PITA. The board for the runcam gets very hot. I suppose this is normal. I was able to get the wifi working finally and able to see an image on my phone. I can capture a still easily but when attempting to record video, the wifi connection fails and I have to reset everything. I'm going to move my power wires to different pads on the FC to try to get the runcam board to power correctly. For some reason it won't work right when powering from battery but when powered from a cell charger, it works fine.

I'll post back later when I'm a little more rested...and less frustrated...

bigone5500

Well the thing won't even power now. I think I got a faulty one. I'm gonna call them tomorrow but will probably end up sending it back.

bigone5500

Well I have tried to contact them several times on the phone, but no one is ever available. I think it's a personal number. It's going back to amazon today.

RandyDSok

Well I have tried to contact them several times on the phone, but no one is ever available. I think it's a personal number. It's going back to amazon today.

I believe most if not all support for items on Amazon must be done through the app or website ( the Get Product Support button )... I wouldn't expect much, just basic stuff at best. Typically I've see responses pretty quick but it isn't unusual for them to take a few days either... so don't expect immediate responses, support like life doesn't work immediately most of the time.

bigone5500

The number is a las vegas area code. When I called it I got an answering service which was in a british accent. I don't know if it routed through to an overseas number but it doesn't matter. It's on the way back to amazon and when I get a credit to my account I'll order another one.

bigone5500

I got my refund already...??? Not bad amazon! I placed another order for a replacement camera. We'll see if the next one has any issues.

[hidden text]*pssst*, Tony, I used the affiliate link...[/hidden text]

Tony

Staff member
Using the old affiliate link does nothing now. The rc20 something or other. But if you clicked on the one in the first post of this thread, then that one has been changed over to the new link, I just have to wait a few months to get paid for it lol. However, the last one you purchased was on the old link, so they will be taking that money back, or well, they can try. They stole my money so they can shove it. lol.

Tony

Staff member
No worries. I have changed it so I can still get a little kickback. Finger to the man1

bigone5500

I got my new camera in the mail today. I want to know if I need to connect the Rx/Tx connections to the FC. I assume this is necessary to transmit and receive video to the goggles.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, the one that I can't find on my desk lol. If you are going to want to use the built in VTX, then yes, you will need to wire it up to the board. If you are wanting the betaflight OSD then you will need to wire it up to the board. But if you just want video and you are using a different VTX, then you don't need to wire it up to a board.

Top Bottom