Servos Rudder Servo Buzzing

Harford

The rudder servo on my ALZRC Devil 380 is a ALZRC DS501MG. When I connect power, it buzzes. It stopped buzzing when I touched the case (on one occasion when I tried it), and I could also get it to stop by just touching the rudder stick. Full rudder both ways, buzzing returns. Should I be concerned please ? No problems with the servo when flying (so far..)

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

RandyDSok

Check for binding.... and that you have your servo set to it's proper working frequency, their webpage lists that at 1520 micro seconds

Harford

Thanks for your reply. It is set correctly at Pulse 1520us and frequency at 333hz. Looking at it again today, I can get it to stop in any position by touching the rudder stick. I disconnected the rudder control rod from the servo end - no noise which I guess comes back to your point about binding. However, with the rudder control rod connected, this is occurring when the servo is centred and the tail blades are at zero pitch so don't understand how it could be binding in this position (but happy to be corrected ). The tail assembly moves freely.

RandyDSok

I think you disconnecting the control rod sort of proves out the point as well... but I can't make further suggestions since I don't do "helis" not to mention that specific model or that have that specific servo either ... I'm a plank guy.

Top Bottom