Reversing the shaft of a brushless motor

bsuvansh

I want to know that how do I reverse the shaft of the brushless motor as the Motor's base is rotating and I have to put the motor outside the fuselage because of the rising the temperature inside the fuselage by the motor,ESC.
When I placed my motor inside and then try to start with the propeller fixed suddenly the motor borked the mount and jumped out of the fuselage breaking all the connections
The motor which I had buy has 4 holes in front and 3 holes at the base i was given with mounting plate for the 4 holes but not for the 3 holes
I could have made it myself but the problem is that the base of the motor also rotates When the motor is turned on
So tony sir I would like to ask you to make a video on how to reverse the shaft of a brushless motor as the videos available on YouTube are not too good

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm using Odin 2836 KV1000

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The 4 holes is for mounting the motor. The 3 holes are for mounting a prop adapter. Did you mount it backwards?

Lee

If you want to reverse the motors shaft. First you need to buy a wheel collet that will fit over the shaft. Something like this one.
thumbnailer.php

You need to remove the C clip holding the shaft in place. Put the collet on the end of the shaft. Undo the grub screw holding the shaft to the motors bell. This will allow you to move the shaft, but it's normally very tight fit and may need to be pressed through using a vice. Press it through until the collet sits up against the bearing where the C clip was but not so tight as to put pressure on the bearing, there needs to be a tiny bit of play, maybe 1mm. Now the shaft is sticking out of the other end and you can retighten the grub screw. You may need to make flat spots on the shaft for the grub screws to push up against and stop it from slipping.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom