General Removing link from DFC swatchplate

General question, what is the correct way to remove the link from the DFC swatchplate? The ball link pliers does not fit due to the geometry of the plate and always end up scratching it.
RIMG0510.jpg

RIMG0510.jpg

murankar

Staff member
Regular pliers or just unscrew the ball. Does the link need replaced or adjusted?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

wolfman76

I use needle nose pliers on my 500 dfc just grab at the plastic close to the ball and twist a little and pop off

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I just use needle nose pliers also like wolfman76. On the DFC linkage, I pop of the top off first then roll the linkage down til the linkage is parallel to the swashplate and pull . Should pops off with no problem. I have the same swashplate and it works for me all the time. Good luck!

Tony

Staff member
I always did hate the DFC swash. Those links are such a pain to get off! You can do as stated above, or just remove the screw from teh blade grip. Just don't forget to threadlock it back in place when you put it back on.

trainrider06

I use pliers myself....it can be tricky sometimes, but if you use the small needle nose they seem to work pretty good.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
If you know someone that works in the Hospital or in the medical supply field. They have some great little medical tolls that works great. Smalls tools for working on veins or small to reach area. Check it out. Sounds silly but it works!

trainrider06

If you know someone that works in the Hospital or in the medical supply field. They have some great little medical tolls that works great. Smalls tools for working on veins or small to reach area. Check it out. Sounds silly but it works!
Ya got that right D.O.G.! Although I have a lot of little tweezers/tools from Micromark, I also have a few medical tools.
Oh yeah dental tools also, I am always using this stainless steel dental pick for something!
One of my favorite tweezers are these tweezers that are spring loaded to hold an object in them...they are great for holding those little nuts for main gear/servo mounts, and other small nuts.

Thanks for the advise, I am using needle nose pliers as advised, it is better but still a pain since the arm are under pressure. I will look at medical tools that is a good idea. I do own a spring loaded tweezers and they are my go to for small pieces.

trainrider06

If you are removing the head, or heck even if your not, you can undo the bolt take it out and it allows the head to then turn and relieves some of the pressure to get em off.

trainrider06

trainrider06 I was thinking on doing that but I always worry about damaging the screw.

Shoot as long as you have a good 1.5 nut driver you should be fine....those things don't need much torque on em, long as you locktite em, or the nylon nut isn't wore out....I usually tighten mine down just till it starts getting some resistance, then about a 1/4 turn more..haven't had any problems so far with em.

Top Bottom