RealFlight 7, What Version To Get

mudbogger

Just was reading around on the internet about realflight 7. I am interested in getting it. Though I'm not sure to go with the interface edition and buy a transmitter separate OR just go with the interlink edition. What do y'all think? Is the interlink controller good?

Tony

Staff member
I moved your post into it's own thread. We don't allow questions in the lounge. Thanks.

It depends. If you have a Tx that can hook up to it such as spektrum or futaba, then you can just get the one with teh cable.

The interlink is okay. But I prefer to use my own Tx since that is what I"m going to be flying on. If I use my DX8 in the field, wouldn't it be logical to use it on the sim so that I have the same feel? ,

murankar

Staff member
If you don't want to use tour radio then get the one that comes with the tactic radio. Then you can use the same radio in a kit later on. All you would need is a new rx for the kit.

I have the interface edition and love it. I can use both my dx5e and my flysky with er9x installed on it. Either way I can fly. My main radio on the sim is my dx5e.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

mudbogger

I moved your post into it's own thread. We don't allow questions in the lounge. Thanks.

It depends. If you have a Tx that can hook up to it such as spektrum or futaba, then you can just get the one with teh cable.

The interlink is okay. But I prefer to use my own Tx since that is what I"m going to be flying on. If I use my DX8 in the field, wouldn't it be logical to use it on the sim so that I have the same feel? ,

I see why you would want to use your DX8 on the simulator, It does seem logical.

mudbogger

What is the best Spektrum transmitter to use with/for realflight 7? I was thinking either the DX6i or DX8. I just don't want to not be able to use ALL of realflight 7's features, due to a lack of transmitter channels. Is it necessary to have a 8 channel transmitter for everything to work correctly?
Thanks for any information y'all-it is appreciated.

murankar

Staff member
Or a Futaba 8J. These radios are rather affordable for hat you get. Just a thought.

murankar

Staff member
Nothing wrong with that. Use what you know or like. I just tossed it out there because I have been eyeballing it myself. I personally really like what that radio has to offer at the price point at which it is sold at.

BTW:
I use my DX5e at the moment and have it programed in such a fashion that I get most of what I need to fly. I have my ID1 and throttle cut set on switches and normal mode set to the trainer switch. Beyond that as long as I can learn my basic skills I am happy. Real Flight 7 has a ton of options that I have yet to explore. I just learned how to setup a model in the advanced settings area, beyond the quick edit. I finally got the X3 to behave just like my protos mini did and since I have the same servos and fbl unit I recon the handling wont be to much different.

Last edited:

mudbogger

Alright y'all here is a update...

My parents' got me RealFlight 7 with the Tactic TTX600 transmitter for my birthday. But I can't get Realfight 7 to download to my computer. Every time I click "download and run", the computer says "not responding" and locks up completely. Any suggestions on how-to download realflight 7? Have any of y'all had this issue? Thanks in advance (again) for any help- it is appreciated.

murankar

Staff member
If you got the disk it should install. Are you on windows8 or 7? If 8 then there might be an issue with the os. 8 is not playing well with some drivers and other software.

mudbogger

Well after multiple attempts of trying to download realflight, I finally got it. However I am having issues with activating realflight 7. I typed in my information on the realflight website and got a code for the "launcher". So I started the "Launcher" , but didn't see anywhere for my activation code. The "launcher" just asked for the 2 serial numbers from the disc and my interface. Now if I try and "run" or play realflight 7, the computer says I am missing codes somehow/somewhere. Any suggestions?

murankar

Staff member
Deactivate the software and redo it. You can deactivate on realflights website.

murankar

Staff member
Maybe tonight I can get on. I just downloaded the Gaui X3 v2. I need to go through the setup on it.

Top Bottom