REAL FLIGHT setup

I was just approved :) to buy the RF sim but am a bit worried. I was under the mistaken notion that it plugged into the TV not the computer. Ok ok, im 60. SO...am I going to have to have a gamer PC to make it work worth while or is my Laptop going to do the job? I read where it supports a high end video card. Does that mean it only displays well WITH a gamer level pc? Am i waisting my money buying this to work with my laptop? If it DOES work with a newer laptop can you pass the signal to the bigger TV? Hoping to get this tomorrow but....

- - - Updated - - -

This is the RF 7.0 ill be getting.

Tony

Staff member
I have had RF6.5 on 3 different lappy's. However, on the cheap ones, you will have to turn the graphics down. Things like trees, clouds and so on will not be able to run because they use the most memory out of the GPU.

So yes, you will be able to run the sim as long as your computer meets the minimum requirement that is on the box.

As far as the setup, I have a sticky in the RealFlight section showing the setup of the simulator on your computer.

and last, if you have an HDMI port, or your TV supports DVI or the like, you will be able to push it to the TV if you want. I LOVE flying on my 55" LED :biggrin1:

Jerryzman

Hello pilots. I just setup my RF 7.5. Fantastic. I hope this is the right thread. I am working on my airplane 3D flying. I can't seem to get enough throw on my control surfaces. I tried DR and travel adjust on my radio, but it seems to have little effect. Is there a setting on RF that allows me to do that?

murankar

Staff member
Maybe under the model settings. I would got to the advance screen vs the quick model edit. In there you should be able to further adjust your model. You can re map the servos to different channels and such. So look under the advanced settings.

Jerryzman

Maybe under the model settings. I would got to the advance screen vs the quick model edit. In there you should be able to further adjust your model. You can re map the servos to different channels and such. So look under the advanced settings.

Great thanks.

Top Bottom