Reading the Align 450pro tt manual once again and ponder on a question

murankar

Staff member
Ok, I have stated way earlier that I am having issues with the one-way bearing on my heli. I have the Align main gear and auto rotation gear, bought as a kit. Now I did not get the one-way bearing shaft and used the one from the EXI kit.

In the manual it states to "oil" the one-way bearing shaft. I then look at the front of the manual to reference the "oil Icon", it states the meaning to be grease. Now the super combo kit comes with grease and I think it means to use that grease, if so what kind is it? I also recall Tony and others to only use one-way bearing grease on the bearings.

Please clarify for I think I forgot to do something and need to solve this issue I am having.

murankar

Staff member
I think I solved the issue on this. I think the main gear was to tight in the bearing blocks. I will try and post a video of what I did if I get a chance to go back out tonight. The wind was blowing sometin fierce. Well maybe not that bad but bad enough to cause lift when I have negative pitch at 45% on normal mode. I am beginning to think I do not have enough head speed for this wind. If this is the case I should know by July 1 when my new motor arrives.

murankar

Staff member
Thanks Tony, I see what they out in town first then. If I can't find it there then I guess I'll be ordering some.

murankar

Staff member
Ha, the heli won after all. Went out to prove a theory. I was right. The main gear assembly has that washer the holds everything together, well I used the Align one. Turns out that the EXI one is a better fit. When I had the Align one installed it was causing the main gear to be to tight in the air frame. So I swapped out the washers and just finished testing it out. Free as a jay bird now, now if I can only transfer my sim skills to the real deal.

Tony

Staff member
There is only one way to do that. And that is to just do it. but get it on video while you do hehe.

murankar

Staff member
I know its been a while since I posted a video, but this time I bent a main shaft and I do not have a replacement for it. Just checked xheli and they are out of stock. Amainhobbies is a bit pricey today. I will have to order some on payday when I order my motor.

As of right now the heli is in many pieces. Cleaning the metal pieces and soaking the screws in nail polish remover along with any bearings I find. I am also re-oiling them too. Basically I am overhauling the entire model.

I will get video compiled of this process.

Top Bottom