General RCH Trainer newbie question

Derek

It sounds like you are on the right track, Jorg! Two carbon fiber spars would be excellent, but you definitely need at least 1 spar in the middle...40-50% wing chord like Tony suggested.

Jörg Schulz

It sounds like you are on the right track, Jorg! Two carbon fiber spars would be excellent, but you definitely need at least 1 spar in the middle...40-50% wing chord like Tony suggested.

Tnx Derek,
Because im new in the RC i want to reduce the impact on the wings when i crash (and i will) . And i will do the recommended solutions as you and Tony told me. Maybe it will help other newbies when they build the RCH trainer .
Tomorrow i will start the build and will post my progress :)

Derek

All of us are always happy to help! I can assure you of that. And yes...you will crash...lol, we all do.

Good luck with the build. Take your time. We look forward to seeing your progress!

Jörg Schulz

A newbies Buildlog progress . (Bending Depron is not my friend)
I had a little time over this morning and started to cut out my pieces for the RCH trainer. Very Easy to cut.
I started with the fuselage , when done i cut down about a half (3mm) on the red lines where to bend the fuselage . Done....BUT ..i use Depron and its not easy to bend depron even when i cut the 45deg. angles ..Tryed anyway to bend it soft and smoothly .....it brokes directly ...Naaaaa :boxing: w.., Where the hell is my "headgun" ..got it and now i know how to bend 6mm depron..
Anyway, gonna be exciting to see how it goes with the Wing ..(headgun and patience is your friend) i guess :)

Next update coming soon (with pics)
cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Heatgun, not Headgun ...i mean !

EyeStation

I kinda thought a "HeadGun" was a bit drastic for just breaking a piece of Depron. lol
Good luck with the rest of the build.

Tony

Staff member
Along with the heat gun, put a piece of packing tape along the outside of the bend, it will help hold it together. The wing I'm almost sure will need this support.

Jörg Schulz

Hi guys,
Question before i start to glue my parts together, @Tony, i guess in the 3.1 rch trainer i but the fueslage in one piece together right ? . I just wondering when i see you build video and i guess right when i say you made the video with the 2.x version of the rch trainer . Just want to be sure .

Another question about the rudder hinge, do i have to cut it through where the red lines are and then use tape ?
Same for the Ailerons ? or should i just cut them to the half on the red lines ? ...puh , questions questions :)

one step at the time for me :) ...but i will get there !

Tony

Staff member
The video on teh RCH trainer was done with the V1, so it's quite out dated. the fuse in V3 is a one piece fuse and it's also shorter and not as tall as the V1. So yes, it's all one piece. As for the rudder and other hinges, yes, you will cut your 45º angle into them, then use tape on the front and back to secure them. I have never had an issue with a hinge breaking with using standard clear packing tape. I have never used the reinforced tape and never had a need to.

Don't worry about asking questions, that is what we are here for! Ask as many as you have.

Top Bottom