RCH 450 w/ AR7200BX Completely Stock Settings

Tony

Staff member
So last weekend I shot a video on the AR7200BX but it was way too windy to actually get out and fly. Well, this morning, just as the sun was coming up, there was NO WIND and I figured that I needed to test out the gyro just to make sure everything was working correctly.

I tossed in a battery, did a quick 'eye' check of the blades and took it outside and sat it on the frost covered grass. Let go of TH and she started spooling up. Man, what a nice slow spool up on this thing! Love it.

Now, I'm a 3GX guy. I have done MANY videos on the 3GX and so I'm used to what the 3GX does before liftoff. So here I am moving the cyclic around to see where the gyro is wanting to take the helicopter so that I can be ready for it. I did all of this at 0 pitch, or mid stick. Then I remembered, the 3GX is sitting on the bench in the studio.

So with that, I added throttle and she went into the air. I'm talking OMG stable. Now mind you, this is the AR7200BX, COMPLETELY STOCK SETTINGS and I have not done anything to the pitch and throttle curves, there is NO DR/Expo since it's all done in the gyro (again, stock settings) and this thing was just dead stable.

I had completely forgot what it was like to fly a helicopter with a good gyro. I had also forgot what kind of sound those blades make. It's a beautiful little low to mid pitch hum.

And the best thing of all, I'm not done playing with the settings yet, nor am I done shooting videos of this gyro. I'm trying to get it warmed up out here in the shop/studio right now and once it is, I will start some basic videos, then move onto the more indepth ones. Yeah, I'm shooting a crapload of videos here lately. I love it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
So last weekend I shot a video on the AR7200BX but it was way too windy to actually get out and fly. Well, this morning, just as the sun was coming up, there was NO WIND and I figured that I needed to test out the gyro just to make sure everything was working correctly.

I tossed in a battery, did a quick 'eye' check of the blades and took it outside and sat it on the frost covered grass. Let go of TH and she started spooling up. Man, what a nice slow spool up on this thing! Love it.

Now, I'm a 3GX guy. I have done MANY videos on the 3GX and so I'm used to what the 3GX does before liftoff. So here I am moving the cyclic around to see where the gyro is wanting to take the helicopter so that I can be ready for it. I did all of this at 0 pitch, or mid stick. Then I remembered, the 3GX is sitting on the bench in the studio.

So with that, I added throttle and she went into the air. I'm talking OMG stable. Now mind you, this is the AR7200BX, COMPLETELY STOCK SETTINGS and I have not done anything to the pitch and throttle curves, there is NO DR/Expo since it's all done in the gyro (again, stock settings) and this thing was just dead stable.

I had completely forgot what it was like to fly a helicopter with a good gyro. I had also forgot what kind of sound those blades make. It's a beautiful little low to mid pitch hum.

And the best thing of all, I'm not done playing with the settings yet, nor am I done shooting videos of this gyro. I'm trying to get it warmed up out here in the shop/studio right now and once it is, I will start some basic videos, then move onto the more indepth ones. Yeah, I'm shooting a crapload of videos here lately. I love it.

Hey Tony, I enjoy my AR7200BX also. I'm not very good on the computer so the AR works fine for me. I'm in the process of getting another AR7200BX from Derek as soon as PayPal put the money in my account. Special thanks to Derek for being patient on waiting for the transaction from PayPal.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's a great gyro. I have yet to put my ikon in the air, but I will here soon. Looking forward to that.

And you know that Derek could have sent you an invoice, and you could have paid it with a credit card or bank card, right?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yup, it's a great gyro. I have yet to put my ikon in the air, but I will here soon. Looking forward to that.

And you know that Derek could have sent you an invoice, and you could have paid it with a credit card or bank card, right?

This is the first time for me using PayPal and i went about it the wrong way. I PM Derek to let him know what i did. He has no problem waiting he said. I thought that was very nice of him and i appreciated. Your right about paying with credit card or bank card but i goofed. Soon enough he will have money and i will have my 450 back up in the air. My Gaui has the new AR7200BX and i love it.

Top Bottom