Rc-Help's Next Plane!

Tony

Staff member
That's right, I got bored again. For the last couple of weeks I have been thinking in my head of a plane that would be the best of just about every world. Well, other than doing 3D. So last night I sat down and started designing it on paper. Dude, this thing was ugly lol. Today I grabbed my foam board and sketched it out then cut it out. once I glued everything together, it was even more ugly than I thought lmao. But it was together.

I took it outside (very windy day!) and launched it into the air. It nosed right in lmao. Okay, moved the battery back and give it full throws and tossed it again. As I was making my turn I noticed the wings were folding really bad. I'm talking I almost pulled a Gaba on this one. So I came back around into the wind and landed it.

Took it inside and did some "tweaking" to the wing and took it back out. Lets just say the wing got 50% larger hehe. Tossed it up again (the wind came down) and the thing was just banking to the left and I didnt' have any aileron authority. Crap, this time it crashed hard. Back inside we go.

Did some aileron adjustments and repaired the plane, added some more spars to the wing and by this time the wind had pretty much died to nothing. Good, this "larger" wing doesn't like the wind anyway. So I tossed it back up. The wings were still flexing pretty badly, but nothing that kept it from flying. The new ailerons were doing a great job and she was in the air having a blast.

What sucked was all the gnats out there lmao. I got it up about 100' and just cut the power. DUDE she just floats, I love it. Once I found out it would float and it did fly, I came in for a gentle landing and went back inside.

I will have to purchase some carbon spars for the wing and I need to so some work on the motor angle but she flies. I am also thinking about redoing the tail since this one seems unstable, but that is for a later date.

So what is the plane? You will just have to wait and see :chuckles:

RCD

Glencairn Drone
I read about this plane on Facebook and when I saw this thread, I was like "About time we see some pics!" Lol But you don't have any lmao.

Tony

Staff member
hehe, when I get it flying right and figure out the configuration of the wing to fuse I will snap some pics. Just giving you guys the preliminary reports of the first ever custom Rc-Help plane (that flies lol).

Top Bottom