FBL Gyro Raptor 50 Fbl Help Needed

Steve holst

It's amazing that the smallest things can cause issues on these helicopters. Hope that has fixed your issue.
Yes your right it's a good experience learning the set up and assembly of it, then when there is repairs needed it won't be so daunting !

Steve holst

If you're having drifts issues, increase the gain until it holds. FYI, tail wag can also be cause by too low a head speed.
Have increased gain sorted binding issue out it wasn't wagging more of a constant drift round hopefully a decent day tomorrow and will be back out with it

Steve holst

So tried again today increased gain in tx got to the point of tail wag reduced gain it sat locked in at hover but when pitch up it starts turning again tried several times but the same locked in hover pitch up looses tail gain up wags ?? Thanks in advance!

Remember there's two gains...one on the Tx and the second is on the BeastX. Look in the beastx manual at the back there's some troubleshooting tips. Might have to increase gain. How does it fly in forward flight?

Steve holst

Remember there's two gains...one on the Tx and the second is on the BeastX. Look in the beastx manual at the back there's some troubleshooting tips. Might have to increase gain. How does it fly in forward flight?
Hello John, yes I have adjusted that as well forward flight was ok it seems just when I pitch up vertical I could hold it on the sticks all other axis on giro were locked in ?

Check parameter menu item "F" and use the default "off" setting. Also, check dial "3" probably want it about centered between + and -. If I'm correct this is a nitro Raptor 50 so you might also have a vibration issue?

Steve holst

Check parameter menu item "F" and use the default "off" setting. Also, check dial "3" probably want it about centered between + and -. If I'm correct this is a nitro Raptor 50 so you might also have a vibration issue?
Yes tried tweaking dial 3 it was at its best centered what does the default off position turn off? There doesn't seem much vibration to my eyes it is also shaft driven to the tail if that's of use in diagnosis? Will go through and check parameter menu f on heading lock f is highlited then blue led comes on sorry for being a nuisance and apprecate all your help !!

Steve holst

I set parameter f to off which I now suspect was cause of problems as when I got the heli back supposed to be ready to fly rudder and giro were reversed which i corrected but I didn't reverse (f) which I could see bye throttle up tail blades pitched slightly nose right which is the same as natural yaw on heli so turned off also tail servo was incorrect frequency checked off beastx website and adjusted accordingly checked all other servos which more adjustments were needed so will try and fly weekend thanks Steve.

If you haven't already got one...get the manual for the beatx and read it several times to familiarize yourself with what each of the setup and parameter settings control. The manual also has info about the three dials on the gyro and, again, what they do and what some of the symptoms are with various incorrect settings. While people on the forum can help immensely, each heli is different - even the exact same heli that you have - so the settings will be different, they'll also vary according to your experience level and flying style...

Steve holst

If you haven't already got one...get the manual for the beatx and read it several times to familiarize yourself with what each of the setup and parameter settings control. The manual also has info about the three dials on the gyro and, again, what they do and what some of the symptoms are with various incorrect settings. While people on the forum can help immensely, each heli is different - even the exact same heli that you have - so the settings will be different, they'll also vary according to your experience level and flying style...

Yes downloaded and printed off read it through many times this morning it makes a ot more sense now so hopefully all should be good now for flying at weekend with some minor tweaking to suit my flying style !

Steve holst

Had a break in the snow today she flew brilliant no adjustments needed this time put 4 tanks through , Really stable and precise thanks for all your help

Top Bottom