450 quick question about Rate Mode on the 3GX

yardner

Trying to make some adjustments on the tail rotor on my Trex 450

How do i set the gyro to Rate Mode on the 3GX??
Using a DX8 TX.

i no i should know how to do this:upset:, but can't seem to remember how.

thanks,

Tony

Staff member
In your gyro menu, you will set your gyro gain to any negative number. the larger the number (it's backwards. -1 is smaller than -100) the more gain you will have. When you switch into Rate mode, the Status light will turn red. In Heading Hold Mode, the status light will be green. Hope this helps.

yardner

:adoration::adoration::adoration:
Yes, that's it !!! Thanks !!!!!
Its been a long time, but i think? I can hover in Rate Mode.

Man, Iv'e been chasing this tail thing around and around...... adjusting gyro gains and adjusting Ail/Ele gain pots. Up/Down and Sideways lol, :livid:

if i go fast side ways (tail in) to the right. everything is Fine, Tail is solid...
but, when i go fast side ways (tail in) to the LEFT... been getting this tail wag .....?

so iv'e been reading that in Rate Mode with tail centered, adjust tail control rod until you get your tail not to drift in a hover.
then set it back to Head Hold and set your end points.
I'm just thinking that i'm not getting the right travel out of my tail rotor.

If i'm looking at this the wrong way, please someone let me know.

thanks,

Tony

Staff member
You will use Rate mode to center the tail slider. You do this by putting it in rate mode, and doing a hover in whatever head speed you are going to be flying in. Once you have your linkage adjusted correctly, the tail will have very little to no drift. But it will have some. That is what HH is for.

If you are getting wag though, then you need to lower your tail gain down about 5%.

Top Bottom