450 Question about my Throttle curve

DAL2855

Banned
I have upgraded the main gears on my 450 with the 12T 121T slanted gear set and am planning on installing the 4 blade FBL head with Tarot ZYX Gyro on my bird what should be a good starting point for the max on my throttle curve to get some good flight times? I also have a Jet Ranger fuselage for it, but don't have it installed right now. Will it really affect my flight times once the 4 blade head is installed? due to the added weight?

Tony

Staff member
the added weight and drag will lower your flight times. Not by a lot, but a little.

Normal Mode throttle curve: 0 40 75 75 75

this will get you up to 75% throttle and hold it there when hovering or sport flying around the yard.

DAL2855

Banned
I was thinking that should be about where my throttle curve should be once I added the extra couple of blades!

Lee

I would have thought the four blades would increase lift, allowing you to reduce the throttle and increase flight times. But maybe if you take increased lift and increased drag, they will just cancel each other out. Just a thought.

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah that's possible Lee! I never thought of that, just trying to get the best flight times on this one that is possible!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I would suggest getting everything built and then testing to see where you are! There are A few scale flyers on here. Maybe one of them could answer your questions!

DAL2855

Banned
According to the headspeed calculator I used, it says that I should be using a 10T pinion instead of the 12T that I have on there right now to get much closer to the 3000 rpm headspeed. So I'm gonna order one and try it and see what that does compared to the 12T. Sucks that the only place I can find one is in China on ebay. If anyone has one that they would be willing to part with please let me know.

Tony

Staff member
Unless you are doing smack 3D, don't go over 2800rpm. On a 4 blade head, I would not go over 2500-2600 if it were mine.

DAL2855

Banned
Thanks Lee! Someone had posted this same link in another forum for me! Great tool to have!

- - - Updated - - -

Got it figured out using a governor, with an 11T pinion and stock main gear, I'd be turning just under the 2800rpm's Tony! Which is right where you said to have it!

Top Bottom