General Preflight TX settings?

concodd

Having endured weeks of shipping delays and lack of knowledge problems, and now waiting for a replacement tail servo having come to the conclusion that there must a problem with the signal wire to my present servo, I would like to know if I can do any settings in my TX while I am waiting. Keep in mind I am very much a novice at this and I have read things about, pitch curves, linear curves, etc but not sure what to programme into my TX for a basic flyer.

Derek

Well...a linear curve isn't actually a "curve" at all. A linear curve is 0,25,50,75,100. If you look at a linear curve in your Throttle or Pitch Curve settings, you'll see that it's actually a straight line.

When I started asking questions about getting my 500e setup for a beginner (me, lol), several people here suggested the following:

Throttle Curve:

Normal Mode: 0,30,75,75,75
Stunt 1: flat curve 85,85,85,85,85
Stunt 2: flat curve 95,95,95,95,95

That normal mode curve will allow you to spool up the helicopter and then have the same throttle settings above mid stick. I can assure you, this really helped me because I was able to move the helicopter with the pitch of the blades. If you had a linear throttle curve, you would be able to move the helicopter with the throttle and pitch and this is quite difficult for beginners. I had a linear throttle curve, once, and it scared me very much. The flat curves really really make a difference.

Pitch Curve:

Normal Mode: 46,48,50,75,100
Stunt 1: linear 0,25,50,75,100
Stunt 2: linear 0,25,50,75,100

This "Normal Mode" curve will allow you to use the 75% throttle curve and be able to move the helicopter up and down with just the pitch of the blades. It's a very smooth movement. Also, the 46% and 48% pitch, at lower stick positions will allow you to set the helicopter down gently. Then, when you are ready for Stunt Mode, you will have the linear curve to give you your positive and negative pitch.

These are the settings that I started with and, honestly, these are the settings that I still use to this day. My 500 fly's very well with these settings and I'm getting more and more comfortable with each flight.

If you have a flight simulator....try out these settings and see what you think.

Now...these settings are merely a starting point. These settings may not work for each and every pilot. Feel free to make changes as you need them changed.

Good luck buddy

concodd

Thank's Derek that info is very helpful, just need to ask how to enter into the TX. I have read the instruction manual so much it is starting to sound like double Dutch.Have gone into those menu's and messed around a little. You have given me 5 numbers that I assume iI need to enter for the pitch curve, I have a JR TX. I also assume that when entering I should be in normal mode as per your normal mode numbers, what will be my IN and what would be the OUT?

concodd

Many thanks Derek, maybe some other members can give me an idea on how to enter your figures into my JR?

concodd

I have worked out how to enter the figures given to me by Derek above, I have entered the the amount for the normal range as was suggested above but can someone please tell me if I should be entering the amounts in the IN or OUT section.image.jpg

image.jpg

Derek

WOW! Well, I was definitely being truthful when I said I wasn't gonna be any help here. I have no idea, lol. I'm sure someone here will be able to help with that issue and then we'll both learn something.

What model JR tx do you have?

concodd

Hey Derek, I know the Spectrum TX setup is different from my jR but do the attached photo's showing the normal setting figures you gave me for the pitch and throttle curves look anything like what you have in your TX?
image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Top Bottom