Power Supply's Power suply pins and connections

erut800

sorry. my mistake. the back 2 scrues do not do anything. the front 1 scrou is dc ground and another ac ground. do I need to kill ac ground going to a case or I need that?

erut800

I wan to add, as I just notised, in your power supply you say that dc ground has a continuity with the ac ground. my does not have continuity between dc ground and ac ground. they are separate scrues, and when I test with the meter beetwen 2 scrues , there is no continuity . if isolate dc ground , then only ac will ground to a body.

erut800

Thank you Tony. I finished the set up. everything works grate. When I turned on without connecting the pins , the ps started to work, but did not give me 12v, and after I connected the 2 pins, it worked perfectly. I have 2 sets of two ps. I attached one charger to each set. a little overkill, but I got them at $19 each. Plus , I can put 2 chargers into each set , as each setup is 1000w with 83a.20161019_165535.jpg

20161019_165535.jpg

Smoke7

Dell poweredge r410 DPS 500E Power Supply

Can someone Identify the pins layout for this Dell r410 (D500E-S0) power supply so I will be able to turn it on, Please.
Thank you.

image.jpg

Dell r410 power supply.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Your best bet is to get one that has a known pinout where you know you can jumper it over to turn it on AND lower the fan speed. And trust me, you will want to lower the fan speed on a server PSU, they are quite loud.

murankar

Staff member
The HP 1200-PBs are probably one of the most popular PSUs I'm use. They are inexpensive, small and powerful. The modifications on them are not to difficult.

em3

evening tony, i'm new to the site and I ran across the DPS-600PB B power supply mode. I wanted to try it because one of the fans on my current 24v setup doesn't work. I saw in your mode where you said to remove the screw and break the tabs on one unit. a few years ago I purchased the 1150w supply from max amps. now one unit doesn't work. so I bought 2 new units. my question is when I opened the 2 max amp units the screw and the 2 tabs where still there. did they do something different to make theres work? just trying to be extra careful and make sure I understand before I attempt it.

Tony

Staff member
It will work just fine without floating that ground, but you take a HUGE risk of electrical shock if one of them decides to short out. It will send 120v AC through the outside case on one of them. The chances are low, but I still tell everyone to float the ground on one, and you only do this at your own risk.

murankar

Staff member
Just make sure you fol;low the right instructions for your unit. Its easy to float a ground but you need to make sure that you are actually floating ther ground. Pay attention to multiple sources if possible and them do the work. Or just get some shrinkl wrap for the PSUs. SWhrink wrap them both and they should be grounded well.

em3

It will work just fine without floating that ground, but you take a HUGE risk of electrical shock if one of them decides to short out. It will send 120v AC through the outside case on one of them. The chances are low, but I still tell everyone to float the ground on one, and you only do this at your own risk.

ok guy's, I removed the screw, broke the little tabs, placed test lead on silver circle where screw was, placed other lead on case, checked good no continuity, but in the video at the opposite end where the black ground wire was screwed to the case there was no continuity right, on mine the wire is green and when I place one lead on the screw & the other lead on the case I get a beep(continuity). that's bad right? what did I do wrong?

Eggy 71

I think you will need to video this one. It's pretty hard to confirm which screw you are contacting and what the second point is. There are different possible combinations so it's hard to give accurate help.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, showing exactly what you broke and what you have done will help us tremendously in knowing if you did it correctly.

em3

I think you will need to video this one. It's pretty hard to confirm which screw you are contacting and what the second point is. There are different possible combinations so it's hard to give accurate help.
got it all together and working guy's, after paying closer attention to your video I noticed right at the 6:21 mark while you had the red lead on the screw with the black wire you said you had the black lead on the silver circle where the screw was removed. I had the black lead on the case.

Top Bottom