Post repair madien,

murankar

Staff member
Ok it might be load so get the volume down first. I think I over did the sound gain. Anyhow, this flight looks really diecy thoughout the entire video. trust me I have to knock the rust off before i get back into it. My settings for this flight are as follows: Expo 20% all around; Normal TC 0 40 60 60 60; PC needs to be corrected but it is a linier curve which is wrong. Everything else is in the gyro. Collective is at 10 degrees and cyclic is about 9 degrees.

I have made some adjustment took the expo to 25 on the eleveator and ailerons and set the tc to 0 40 75 75 75.

STILL USING THE CRASHED CANOPY

[video=youtube_share;ttA-BZACDqk]http://youtu.be/ttA-BZACDqk[/video]

heli-maniac

Looks like a little more than just rust Matthias
start tweeken that controller That thing flying looks like my 450 did with 3gx on lol
but make small adj. and find it sweet spot and it should be golden a fbl heli set up right is way easier to fly than a fly bar
But its Great you got it back in the AIR

murankar

Staff member
Look that was my first fbl flight and not knowing anything about it :lol:. Hey is my 4 battery after the repair and my first flight after making the needed adjustments. BTW No audio gain on this one so you may not hear it as well. Oh I had to butcher this video, had lots of interruptions so after this battery I quit for the day. One thing I hate about testing is that it there has to be no kids around. The field I would normally use is a small drive away and is a pain to have to go there fly then drive back to make the adjustments then drive back to test. Once my dongle gets here that will not be an issue, I hope.

[video=youtube_share;z-z9zD2EK3Y]http://youtu.be/z-z9zD2EK3Y[/video]

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Look that was my first fbl flight and not knowing anything about it :lol:. Hey is my 4 battery after the repair and my first flight after making the needed adjustments. BTW No audio gain on this one so you may not hear it as well. Oh I had to butcher this video, had lots of interruptions so after this battery I quit for the day. One thing I hate about testing is that it there has to be no kids around. The field I would normally use is a small drive away and is a pain to have to go there fly then drive back to make the adjustments then drive back to test. Once my dongle gets here that will not be an issue, I hope.

[video=youtube_share;z-z9zD2EK3Y]http://youtu.be/z-z9zD2EK3Y[/video]

Cool! thats one thing about setting up...back and forth. looks great though and it looks like setup is almost complete . How you liking them wide cords? Wow! i am only running 7deg on my cyclics and 11.5 on pitch. looks like your set up for some "SMACK DOWN", lol JK great job keep posting them vids

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
My setup on collective is what it is because I don't know how to go in and get every thing dialed in. I have balanced out the collective, I just don't know how to balance out collective. On cyclic I can set the pitch but they are not the same at both ends. High on positive and low on negative. I need to get into some manuals to learn what all the advanced settings do.

As for the blades they are quite and have more mass. I'm not sure how this plays in but I can say is that it takes more head speed. At 60% throttle it was twitchy to say the least and I had very little power to punch out. With the Revolutions I was able to fly at 60%, still twitchy but more flyable.

one thing I checked during the rebuild, I have a slight phasing issue. Its slight but enough to make flips and rolls look a little sloppy. If I was on er9x then I could mix that out but I am not so it is what it is at this point.

I know w here to set gains but don't know what all the options due. Once I figure that out then I'll be golden.

I think I might start a basic setup for the zyx-s. Then maybe we can learn it together.

murankar

Staff member
No it's a Dutch hound. See the nice thing is animals hate it but the down side its a kid magnet. My last video would have been near 20 minutes long had I not edited it. Eventually I gave up it was just getting to bad.

EyeStation

Yeah, watching the first video I was starting to tense up with the actions of the chopper. When it started its way down the street to the left I was thinking, "Here comes the dump!", but you recovered nicely. Then the recent video I saw the girl on the bike down the street, then she started across the street, no problem. Then she turned down the sidewalk towards you. I hate that!
Looks like you made huge strides in the setup between the videos. Glad to see it airborne again.

murankar

Staff member
Trust me I had pucker factor myself. I did not want to put her in again just after doing all that work.

Top Bottom