General Pitch and throttle curves for beginner

That is correct. What I was getting at before is if you have a failure in IU, more than likely you will be giving all of your attention to getting the helicopter back and you will not flip it into TH. So in this case, you would need the linear curve in IU to help.

Yes and you'd be right in me panicking and not flicking the TH, easy done I guess at my stage.

Thanks for that Tony bro.. Appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. When you flick TH you will still have the ability to change pitch.
The reason why I asked why they were different, is because in an emergency, you probably don't want something to change dramatically.
So If you have the pitch set to Norm in flight mode and full linear in Throttle Hold, the chances are in a panic, you are going to slam it into the ground with all that extra negative pitch you are not use to.

I would set them to either both full linear, or both Norm pitch mode.
Advantages of Linear.
You are getting use to the way it should be set up properly. Just make sure to practice flicking from Norm to IU1 with some attitude.
Then if something doesn't feel right, you can switch back.
Advantages of Norm in both.
Its what you are use to, no chance of slamming it in. At your level, you are not very high, so needing full negative for autos, isn't going to be a concern.
-2º is plenty to bring it down from 15/20ft.

My suggestion is put them to linear on both,
Take the heli a bit higher,
Just practice switching quickly between the two modes, to get use to the switch position. If its in a hover, nothing much should happen.
Your pitch will be the same, and you throttle will only be 10% more.

You have a point like Lee, I don't want to get used to a normal pitch curve in IU, then have to change my thoughts and learning to full pitch... Hmmm.. Lol

Well I've took on everyone's advice in the past and look where it's got me..... Bloody mental... Lmao, no seriously, it's got me in the air flying again, and I love it..

So I'll change settings to the way it's suppose to be at IU with full pitch and just be careful.... My main worry isn't the headspeed, it's the collective, remembering going lower than half stick isn't actually going to bring me down gently as it does now...lol....

Practice makes perfect... I'll give it a go today....

Thanks Lee...

Dirk

I'm using linear curves in all my modes (Normal, IU1 and IU2) Nothing worse than flying around in normal mode and suddenly deciding to do a back-flip or some inverted flying. SCARY in normal mode. Don't try it.
You'll never guess how your IU switch plays hide and seek with you in that sudden " Oh ess aich one tee" moment. :eek1:

murankar

Staff member
There are a few people that i know that run linier in normal. Its for that same reason or its because of a failure in the drive system.

This type of setup will be determined by what your comfortable with.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
When I run linear in Normal mode, I always hit TH because it puts a LOT of down pressure on the helicopter when you lower the throttle all the way. Just something to think about.

Top Bottom