Paul's Goblin 700 Flights

pvolcko

So, I bought a goblin 700 off Island Breeze not too long ago. Got it all reassembled and setup. Took it out for the maiden flight on Saturday.

Two videos.

First one is of pre-flight checks. Boring, but perhaps of interest to those starting out. Caught a tail correction reversal problem toward the end. Spin up and auto-rotation bailout testing caps it.

Second one is the maiden flight. Hover, blade tracking check from a distance, some forward flight, piros and pitch pumps to test tail gain, gov gain/esc, and tail setup.

[video=youtube_share;G82yHG0v1dU]http://youtu.be/G82yHG0v1dU[/video]

Next flight will have a high advance timing in the ESC, along with a 6.5 minute timer. Will be doing inverted, roll testing, cyclic gain testing, large and fast right to left ail loops (test tail setup and gain), and that will be about it until I can get it to the club field to do some high speed big air stuff to fully dial in gain settings on cyclic and tail. Not sure when that will be, gotta wait for a break in the weather.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

Really great video, Paul! Awesome test flights! Ya just gotta love the sound of those Goblins!!!

pvolcko

Not bad for a first flight. Tail was a little soft on stopping piro. Will dial that gain up and try getting that locked in a bit better. I need to pay better attention on the cyclic behaviors too, next flight. Have a feeling I'm going to need to dial that gain up a little on the 7200BX, too.

We're supposed to have a moderate wind here the next few days, so hopefully will be able to get some good piro while in forward flight testing in, which will be good for testing the tail gain pot setting on the 7200bx.

Hopefully by the end of Wed I'll have it dialed in great and be ready to hang it on the wall for the winter. :)

Just kidding. Actually ordered up a transmitter mitt and some heat sources so I should be able to fly year round! The problem will be keeping a path cleared going into the back yard, assuming we actually get a reasonable amount of snow this year (last year was way below average, not a happy camper).

Last edited:

Ken Jackson

Looks good Paul. I hear you about handing them up for the winter. My heli's are just sitting on the shelve above my desk. Guess I'll have to dust them off at least. Last winter I flew enough they never got dusty, Lol.

Hopefully it will be a light winter or at least a short one. 25 degrees F here today.

Brrr.

Ken

Lee

It may be cold here, but this week its completely calm. Perfect for flying.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Its still "HOT" here. The only thing that ever holds us back from flying is the rain and BBQ at the Beach..lol Here in guam we have two seasons: Hot and Rain!

Top Bottom