General out of control

20150208_121225.jpg

was hovering quite nicely when heli went vertical for no apparent reason, it climbed about 30ft looped and nose dived into ground, any ideas folks

20150208_121225.jpg

checked all servos and linkages, i put power to zero and it still climbed, think it might have been a freak gust of wind, can't think of anything else.

Tony

Staff member
This could have been the result of a brown out. If the gyro browns out (flybarless gyros), they will default into whatever setup you set them to. If yours just happened to be full pitch, that would explain it. Are you running a satellite Rx on this helicopter? Was it flashing when you got it back down?

didnt check fbl unit for lights, i did a range check before starting but have just checked my tx and i think the voltage could have been low on it, was thinking of getting a satellite rx for it but dont know anything about these, pros, cons, type etc

Tony

Staff member
Only pro's with satellites. It adds redundancy to the Rx and reduces the brown out chances. If you are using an AR7200bx, then get a DSMX satellite.

Thanks Tony. After some bad luck comes some good. A guy has just arrived at my house who was watchin me fly earlier (Crash) has handed me in his old helis and spares. He had given up because of constantly crashing. I now have a big box of spares which I'm going to look through and see what fits. Included is a DSMX satellite rx. Do I need to re bind after fitting this or is it plug and play. Ordered new parts for repair. New frame and skids cost me £15 New so I'm a bit happier now. Going to donate parts that I don't need.

Tony

Staff member
Wow, that is some great luck right there. I hate to see another pilot leave the hobby because of crashing (I was once there myself, but stuck with it) but I have to applaud him for donating his stuff to you.

As for the Sat Rx, you will have to plug it in and rebind the system so that it sees the sat. But, your settings should be the same, although I suspect you will be doing a complete head setup once again.

will have to do a complete rebuild and set up as i have to change the frame, never done it before so its gonna be a challenge for me, couldnt believe my luck ive ended up with an HK 450, HK450gt and a honeybee and loads of parts. A lot of the stuff is of no use to me so i will find someone who can use the parts and give them away. one good turn deserves another

Tony

Staff member
the 450gt can be a good helicopter if you replace some parts with Align. I have the same helicopter and I'm in teh process of getting it back up in the air. I think there is a motor and ESC for mine on the way to me and I should be able to get it in the air pretty soon. So think about setting that one up to give yourself a flybar helicopter to play with. I think you will like it.

Top Bottom