ouch!!! this is "sods law"

taizi

havent been on or flying for awhile because ive been doing my chinese driving test, which i finally got through (lets just say that driving and chinese doesnt go together), so i have a brand new ford focus Ghia X

ive got back into the cockpit so to speak and have had some really great flights with my little V120D02s when ever the wind died down because here in Dalian the wind just gusts alot of the time

now for the ouch, ive been getting cocky with my flying lately and have been flying really high and really fast, my confidence with the V120 is or should i say "was" growing, i flew today and my first flight was the normal good flying but the second time i flew really high and then out of nowhere a big gust of wind flipped my poor little heli and i simply lost orientation so it fell into the ground like a bleeping dart, ive broken the landing gear and one servo so not bad considering how high it fell from

the sods law bit is that whenever i actually have all 3 of my helis in working flying order, one or two of them decide that they have other ideas and i either crash or something breaks
nevermind at least my 450 and 250 are working and the little 120 just needs new landing gear as i have the other spares i need
oh! the fun of flying hehehehehehe

Tony

Staff member
I have been wondering where you have been.

I can't even think of driving over there. If the quality of their driving is the quality of their products, then you better surround yourself with pillows lmao.

Sucks about the crash, but at least it was with the smallest of them all. Repair and get back up there.

taizi

im actually thankful for my little bird as now i can fly the bigger ones more confidently, i was flying my 450 today and starting to be more fluid with it

taizi

hehehehe another crash, but this time with the 450, i was on idle up and it made a funny noise then dived into the ground, lucky it was only a couple of feet of the ground when it happened, i think it was either the drivegear locking up or a servo rod coming off the arm
damage repaired now but this does show the weakness of the cheaper end stuff because the drivgears on these Esky belts are total "bleep", and to change it to something like Tarot or Align means hacking the gear slot out to accomadate the larger gear

my little 120 is still sick because i cant find my replacement servo gears and my repair attempt hasnt worked because the servo body is damaged

my 250 is acting weird aswell because as i rev up it gets to past half throttle and then the motor loses power as it lifts off and then it rises up very quick, not sure if its the batteries or the esc but will work it out eventually

Tony

Staff member
If you have a watt meter, put it on it and record the flight. It will tell you the max amps pulled and if it's more than our ESC is rated for, then that will be your issue. Also, if you get the one that is like the one donated by Derek to me, you can hook it up to your servos as well to check those. Shouldn't be more than about 3a through the BEC.

taizi

ok great thanks tony

my transmitter has a telemetry system that i think monitors batts, amps and servos, think i just need a small transponder unless i have to activate something on the TX

Tony

Staff member
I don't know about the amps, but it will show you the voltage of the Rx and battery if you have them both hooked up. I know my DX8 will anyway.

Top Bottom