Setups OSD system

WyDiablo

Is an OSD system a must have thing for FPV or is it just an extra add on for more confidence in flying and the security of just being able to have a level horizon bar and the added extras for viewing your system levels.

Lee

I've not got one on mine. I have used them on gliders. I think if you are going longer distances then its a benefit, or for somewhere you don't know very well. For just flying around your local park, its not necessary.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I agree with Lee. Long distance it's a must have. Just to be able to monitor the battery condition. Plus knowing where you are. But just piddling around a mile or less not necessary!

WyDiablo

Well when I do my first FPV it will most likely be LOS if I were not wearing the googles. Gonna try and keep her as close as I can for the first 100 flights LOLOL. Trying still to get my nerves built up for the big event while waiting on my motor bearings. Bad bearings caused by the hexa flipping upside down on the side walk 2 or 3 times a while back. But thanks guys for the good info. I'll keep that in mind if I ever need that ability to fly far away.

Derek

When I get my FPV setup, I would really like to have the OSD. Whether I'm flying longer distances or just in the park. I like the idea that I can monitor the batteries, signal, and location. It just seems like it's a very useful tool and probably worth the not terribly high cost. I've seen some rather inexpensive OSD's.

Tasajara

I have an OSD on my LR FPV Plane. I love having all the info right there.
I use the EzOSD because it will plug right into my EzUHF RX to give me signal strength.
Team Black Sheep has an updated version of the EzOSD, TBS EzOSD
But even though I don't have any on my quads right now I will adding one to my next build.
The TEAM BLACKSHEEP CORE It don't have GPS support.
Which is fine anyway, I never fly farther than 1.5 miles out with my Quads.
One other thing about the Core is that it has step down switching Power Supply with built in filtering.
No more extra batteries for the video TX or camera. You solder the camera and video TX right to the core.
No plugs that could possibly fail.
The OSD has just what you need for a quad, current sensor, RSSI and input battery voltage display.
You can also add the Core Shield to help shield it from RF noise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom