General Order of operation?

Hi All, I'm a bit new to the rc helicopter world and was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction..I'd like to know what gets set up first and last or is there even an order.
Eg mechanical ..servo horns then swash level then blade pitch etc etc
Then electrical.. flb unit then esc ( and the steps for an esc set up) etc etc.

I can't seem to find info on any order.
Thanks in advance.

Admiral

I normally follow the build order in the manual, if its not new you can download the manual.

In theory the build order should not matter it is just the most logical order that you fit components so that you don't have to remove parts that you have already fitted to fit items in.

PS. Welcome to the forum.

I normally follow the build order in the manual, if its not new you can download the manual.

In theory the build order should not matter it is just the most logical order that you fit components so that you don't have to remove parts that you have already fitted to fit items in.

PS. Welcome to the forum.
Thanks Admiral.
So in the manual and regarding the esc, will it explain what parameters I need to set or I'll just find that information on the wed or esc manual itself.
I know there are different parameters that have to be programmed on an esc, I'm just not sure what they all are, I'm just wailing for a progammbox to arrive.
Ta

Admiral

No the kit manufacturer does not know what ESC etc you are going to use, so you need the manual for each component, although until you get into the high end stuff the default setting normally work for Motors and ESC's.

RandyDSok

I'm going to sort of disagree with the ESC being already setup... Often it is best to set the throttle end points ( low and high ) and how that is done can be different on each ESC. They do attempt to automatically set themselves but it doesn't aways work. Often it something like set your throttle to high, power on the ESC ( remove props or blades for safety first ) and then dropping the throttle to the low position but as I mentioned, it can differ so find the manual for the one you have for the proper method it may use.

I'm going to sort of disagree with the ESC being already setup... Often it is best to set the throttle end points ( low and high ) and how that is done can be different on each ESC. They do attempt to automatically set themselves but it doesn't aways work. Often it something like set your throttle to high, power on the ESC ( remove props or blades for safety first ) and then dropping the throttle to the low position but as I mentioned, it can differ so find the manual for the one you have for the proper method it may use.
Thanks for that, I'll assume that as I've got a different tx, when it's bound it would obviously be different to the last owner, better safe than sorry.
Ta

Admiral

I agree Randy, it comes so automatic that I forgot about that part of the process, although I have had quite a few that did work straight out of the packaging. But the ones that didn't always caused me a DOH moment.

Top Bottom