General Oooops....LOL

Geena

Staff member
Well..... a couple of weeks ago, I was flying my Fury 57, and decided to try and squeeze a little more power out of the YS60SR engine that`s in it. So I leaned it out a few clicks, and it was running great for about a half tank of fuel. Then the inevitable happened. I was running it right on the edge of being too lean....something I never really do. But it was pulling good, and sounding happy, so I kept on smacking it. Then came the ugly little pop and then a quiet engine. Here is what I found when I got it home and took it apart. This is the worst that I have ever cooked one.......won`t be the last though. LMBO!

IMG_5803.jpgIMG_5804.jpg

Geena

Staff member
Ouch! That looks like the exhaust port side that broke off. There is a color change to gray right there. Eh, live and learn and go do it again lol.
Eh.... I knew it was going to let go. I just didn`t care, because it was a good hard and fun flight. I was just hoping that I was going to get the full tank out of it, at least.... Hahahaha. I had it running again that night. I also have two spare YS60SRs and an OS55Hz-R. :)

Tony

Staff member
That is a fantastic picture, and happy you have the helicopter in the air again. And a gallon? holy...

Geena & D.O.G. I hope you all are preparing and going to stay safe with this approaching storm. Definitely not looking like it's going to be a small storm. I know Geena is on the other side of FL, but still, hope you both stay safe.

Geena

Staff member
That is a fantastic picture, and happy you have the helicopter in the air again. And a gallon? holy...

Geena & D.O.G. I hope you all are preparing and going to stay safe with this approaching storm. Definitely not looking like it's going to be a small storm. I know Geena is on the other side of FL, but still, hope you both stay safe.
Thanks, Tony. I actually had it ready to fly again about an hour after I got home from the field the day I fried the engine....LOL.

As for the storm.....It`s not going to affect me too much. 40-50 mph wind and a little rain. It`s supposed to make landfall way up near the panhandle, and I`m kinda south central Florida. So I should be ok.

Geena

Staff member
Lol, a gallon lasts me a year and a half.......:chuckles: Thats a great picture by the way, the last one....
I have two nitros, so a gallon usually lasts a day.....maybe. I only flew the Fury yesterday, so I didn`t quite finish the gallon off. Sometimes I`ll burn two gallons a weekend, and start on a third.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey all & Thanks. We were blessed not to have the storm visit us. A little wind & rain that's it. Fun to fly in but I do have some concerns about Geena. That storm was knocking on her doorstep instead. My prayers go out to her :).

Geena

Staff member
It opened the door and had its way with us. We’re safe and sound and all that. No damage at all to our house, but we lost our magnolia tree. Power is still off, but phone service came back on a few hours ago. Other than the tree being pushed down, you wouldn’t know there was even a storm.

It did hit us hard though. It went right over us as a very strong cat 4.9. Lol. I tried to stay up through it, but ended saying screw it, going to bed about half way through it.

Top Bottom