One sunday afternoon

murankar

Staff member
well long over due video. This is not my best quality video but at least I got some footage today. I just came back from a short flight, getting to dark for my skillz. Anyhow more practice makes for better crashes, although I did not crash today.

Just trying to follow the :rules:. Because of that I am :notworthy: after this flight. Anyhow enjoy!
[video=youtube_share;evO85FBbcF0]http://youtu.be/evO85FBbcF0[/video]

Tony

Staff member
getting better bro. One question, do you have a ratchet on your throttle stick? It seems like it with the way it was either climbing or falling. Just wouldn't hold a steady altitude. Either way, keep it up, much better than the first couple of videos you put out.

Lee

Well done mate. I think i was then same when i started as far as the heli bobbing up and down. I think its just delayed reactions, not knowing how much to give it. The stability will come with just a few more flights.

murankar

Staff member
last check then off to bed.
Thanks Tony, nice to see that I am getting better.

No, the th9x has smooth travel. I am not used to flying in wind, or that much wind. My camera has a built in wind noise filter so you could only hear the gusts. My nose was into the wind so I got lift from it, then when the wind would die down it would drop because I had such little pitch and no lift. These last few flights I had with no camera have been really windy, to the point I gave up quickly. Saturday same thing gusting winds, this windy takes the fun out of learning. Anyhow I hope to fly more this week weather pending. I have been afraid to change orientation due to the wind, even though I have hovering time in the sim, my left/right/nose directions are not to par yet. Also my circuit flying on the sim is not bad either, just afraid to do it in real life at this point. I want to get it home in piece for now.

I have been practicing even though I still can't control it in the wind. anyhow I hope the wind is not as bad in Texas when I get back.

Lee

I learnt in Lots of wind. I found once i went to no wind it was harder to hold a steady hover. the wind actually helps stabilize the heli to a certain extent, but not gusty winds. They improve your collective management though :D

murankar

Staff member
Just my luck, the wind this morning at P.T. was nonexistent. Why couldn't it be that way yesterday, now it's time for work.

murankar

Staff member
thanks

Before to long I hope to have a review kinda of this model. More like a things to expect video. will see. Anyhow It's so calm outside and I have to get beck to work. I hope it is like this tonight.

Happy flying and I will get caught up with ya'll tonight.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Nice job on that vid Matthias. I could see the trees moving at 12:00. You're getting better every time, no training skids now, and no damage. I have not had a flight yet without damage to my heli. Waiting on TT front gears for the 450 and main gears for the mcpx. I stripped mine on Sat trying to get some vid.

murankar

Staff member
It's scary to say the least, well for me anyways. I have not tried taking chances till tonight. I ran a partial bat and thought "Hey lets try forward flight and turning." well needless to say I ended nose in and almost pooped myself. Set it down but with to much left cyclic and had blades rubbing parking lot. then I said not again I think Ill work on small movements. So I spool up and all I see and hear is the motor and no spinning blades. Oh s...., I stripped a main gear, nope the motor must have moved. So I fixed that and now just waiting for tomorrow. I hope my surprise gets here this week along with my swash leveler.

Top Bottom