OLDDDD rc helicpopter problem.

imad80a

hi

i have a walkera 36B RTF its very old. (about 9/8 years).
it has never been flown.
the other day i took it out to fly it and i had a problem.
1) when i took the throttle up the helicopter started spinning anti-clockwise. i adjusted the trim still same problem
2) when the throttle was high enough for the heli to leave the ground it would bank to the left. i adjusted trim but still same problem.

p.s. sorry if ive posted in wrong forum im still a novice at flying

kind regards
imad

holtneil

Hi mate you need to reset up , with the throttle at mid stick servo arms need to be 90 degs and swash level ,then also check at full and zero so swash is level adjustments done on servo travel in transmitter , once this is right refit the head now with throttle at mid stick you should have zero pitch in the blades adjust links to get this ,once done then set up your pitch range
If you get stick I am sure Tony did a video of the complete CP heli set up
As for the tail sounds like the gyro is in reverse , I think Tony covered this was well in his set up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br9YdUTDenQ

Last edited:

Smoggie

Have you flown helis before?

As a general rule helis are very hard to fly, almost certainly they are the most challenging on any type of RC model. Older helis are harder than modern ones as they don't have the benefit of modern gyro and flybarless technology. Add to this that any heli that's not set up properly will be impossible to fly.

When you add all of this up you have got quite a challenge on your hands. Your best bet might be to find a club or hook up with an experienced flyer who can at least get your heli set up correctly so you have a chance of success.

Last edited:
Top Bottom