OK I got my Apprentice, but...

IHalterman

Well I have been flying. Drained the battery 3 times. :) with no crashes :highly_amused:

Bad thing is I don't have a camcorder all I have is my iPhone and it can't zoom enough.

The good news is a friend at work gave me a hanger 9 Twist 40 that he never finished. I put one of my extra RXs in it and figured out how to setup flaperons with the DX6i.

Here is the video.

[video=youtube_share;1iUrnFdFyIw]http://youtu.be/1iUrnFdFyIw[/video]

Tony

Staff member
When you deploy flaperons, you will want the elevator to go up and not down. The flaperons will make the plane want to nose down pretty hard.

IHalterman

Now is that due to being Flaperons vs true flaps? It's been my limited experience that flaps cause a plane to climb while spoilers want to shove the nose down. They both create a lot of drag, but flaps, and I assume Flaperons, create lift.

Tony

Staff member
They do create lift, but it's behind the CoG. Since it's behind the CoG, the CoG acts like a fulcrum and the lift at the back of the wing chord will cause the nose to go down. It won't take much to counter this, but I can assure you that you will want up elevator and not down. And if you have a Tx that can deploy the flaps slower (say 2 seconds) it will stop if from ballooning.

Tony

Staff member
I have been guilty off showing off and crashing as well lol. Looks like it's a somewhat easy fix though I hope. Might be a good time to put some ply on the firewall with blind nuts for a more secure motor attachment. Hope to see it in the air soon.

IHalterman

I ordered the parts. $21 with shipping. 1-5 day delivery. Plus I just broke my last prop for my night vapor. Not a good day.

Top Bottom