Micro Observation with ds-35 on 130x

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
My old ds-35 had gotten twitchy after too many crashes and I changed it out to a new one yesterday. Doing the change I was thinking about how after I went to Hp-08 my tail hold has been non consistent. The bird doesn't like wind anymore. It would freak out if I. Fly in 15 mph winds ... Would hover fun but I wouldn't have a lot of tail authority and going backwards flight or even unloading the head for a while would cause the tail to give in about 180 degrees. I wasn't confident with it.

Then it struck me. May be I was wrong installing the push rod on the servo horn on the inner hole. I had throw equal to stock and all at that, but it obviously wanst enough.

I decided to put the push rod on the outermost hole on the ds-35, and that caused the push rod to stress just a little bit... But!!! I have massive throw right and left. I mean double what i had. For added tail authority when flying fast, i upped the tail end points to 120-120... That gives me a great throw.

Went flying.. Obviously, the throw change made the gyro crazy cause it was too sensitive now.. Dropped the gain three points down from default , abd man!! 15mph winds yesterday, and ghusts.... And I did some real fast forward and backwards flight and WOW!! What a difference. !! Love it. Have confidence in it again.

It makes sense as the rpm and torque went higher with the Hp-08 I needed more tail throw to Counter the torque in windy or even wind vane conditions (backwards flying) ..

I am pretty happy with the outcome.. Flees three batteries.. And noticed that I didn't crash as much. Lol I guess tail hold helped me a lot... Last battery I crashed once as I was too close to ground when a ghust hit it and I was at the end of battery so didn't have enough punch to pull out .

Here is a pic.

image-3971046045.jpg

See the old hole I had used on the push rod ... The inner one compared to where I am right now

image-3122873265.jpg

And you see a little tension in that wire. With that even, the movement is very smooth.

I am not sure if this was supposed to be where is Shiuld have been or not.. But sure I am gonna keep this setting. It is working!

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

image-3122873265.jpg

image-3971046045.jpg

heli-maniac

i run mine in the center whole on that arm and it works fine for my flying
you need to get the microheli or linx servo mount and relocate the servo to take the stress of the the push rod
just dont put a solid carbon push rod on it a small bump will kill the servo gears

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I was thinking that.. But I don't need that here .. Itllve good to have.. On no wind days, I like to pit a lot of stress on the bird cause I fearlessly fly it,. It did fine on the center hole with some blowouts when I added cyclic to collective

But aby wind and it would struggle with any thing I wanted to do.. This setting helps me a lot where I am using full collective and a lot of cyclic and vice versa some time to do some moves.

That new servo mount is like 20 bucks of bling IMO.. This stress isn't really stress at all and yes like you said I won't use carbon rod...it'll wanna kill my servo sooner

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Top Bottom