Not Really Griping But...

bigone5500

When I am browsing on my phone, the ads that show up at the top have begun to make it difficult to browse the forum. It's like a drop down with an arrow I have to tap to make it go up like a curtain. When the ad is showing it covers all navigation buttons until I tap the up arrow. Sometimes I inadvertently tap the wrong thing which is frustrating. It's not really that big of a deal but I was wondering if it could be possibly placed in it's own frame so-as to not cover the navi links...???

Tony

Staff member
I have been working on this add issue for a while now trying to resolve it. Not only on mobile, but also on the desktop site. It seems when I make a change, adsense makes a change to counter my change. Trust me, it's as annoying to me as it is for you and I'm trying to resolve it. Finding that happy balance between just enough ads to keep the site running, but not so much that it's overwhelming to the viewers is kind of hard to achieve.

bigone5500

It's not really THAT big of a deal but every time I load a new page it's back on there. I'd normally just block them with an ad blocker but I know it helps you out. Matter of fact, your site is the ONLY site I allow ads. If it's too big of a headache I'd just not worry about it for one person. I have never dealt with putting ads on a site so I don't know how much work is involved.

Thanks for taking a look at it though!!!

Tony

Staff member
It's not just for one person, trust me lol. There are a few different ads on mobile that I don't care for that I'm trying to get rid of, but the issue is if I get rid of those few, it gets rid of them all. So I'm trying to find out how to make them smaller, and not cover the entire screen. The large ads pay more, but I would rather have people that are happy browsing the site than make an extra penny on an ad. Because if that member keeps flipping through the site, it will help out the site much more than them seeing that one ad and then just leaving.

Top Bottom