General Normal mode and flips & rolls?

Bruno

Question: do I have to switch to idle up to do simple moves like back flips, forward flips and rolls? Could these moves be done easily in normal mode ?

Tony

Staff member
You can do loops in normal but you will have to have a lot of forward momentum so it doesn't fall out of the sky. But I suggest you ONLY do it in idle up so you still have power to the motor and negative pitch just in case you have to bail out of it really quick. Putting the heli in idle up is a great idea every time you fly once you start going inverted. Just ask Gaba what it's like to flip a bird in normal lmao.

xokia

You can do loops in normal but you will have to have a lot of forward momentum so it doesn't fall out of the sky. But I suggest you ONLY do it in idle up so you still have power to the motor and negative pitch just in case you have to bail out of it really quick. Putting the heli in idle up is a great idea every time you fly once you start going inverted. Just ask Gaba what it's like to flip a bird in normal lmao.

I haven't tried any of these with the real thing yet. But on the simulator I noticed if your roll the throttle back to 0 pitch you can do flips and rolls much easier assuming you have alltitude. Is that true in real life?

stokke

You can perform loops perfectly fine in Normal mode. But when performing flips you'll loose a lot of altitude (which can be very dangerous). Rolls can also be performed in Normal mode, but if you're gonna try, you better have some good roll rate on that bird. I would not attempt rolls in Normal mode...

There can be a huge difference flying Sim compared to your real bird, as there are many settings to consider. I would advise to be 110% comfortable in Normal mode, with all the standard orientations, banked turns and fast forward flight before you try any acrobatics.

And when you come to the point where you want to do some stunts, you should start using IdleUp mode.

Top Bottom