Nightmare Is In The Air!!!!!!!! HK250GT

Tony

Staff member
Whats up everyone. Well, if you have been following my 250 build, you know all of the problems that I have had with this nightmare. That is how it got it's nickname Nightmare, cause in a nightmare, everything goes wrong, and nothing goes your way lol. So, it stuck. Cause no matter what I did, it would not stay in the air. This helicopter only did one flight, and that was the maiden that I put on youtube. Well, He's back.

I have installed an align main gear, align tail drive gear and bracket, align belt, align tail shaft that I had to modify to fit in the stock housing lol, align radius arms, and CF (carbon fiber) 3D blades I'm running an 800mah 3s 20c battery with an align motor and a no name 18a esc. I'm also running the OrangeRx from hobbyking. The servos on the cyclic are T-Pro MG90S servos, and the tail servo is the EXI-D213F from hobbypartz. The gyro is the GA-250 Mini MEMS gyro from hobbyking, and for $10, you cna't beat this little thing lol. When I flew it off camera last week, this thing was solid. But, something changed, and I'm not sure what, so I was having a few problems in this video. But, I have the same gyro on my 600, and it's rock solid. I'm guessing until the next flight lmao.

But, this thing is a blast to fly. It has power now, it stays together, it has a SICK piro rate (5 piros in 1.5 seconds), and is overall stable for such a small heli without a 3 axis gyro

It will always keep it's name Nightmare, but I'm starting to tame Nightmare and get a handle on him. Hope you enjoy the video.

<object width="640" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4T1I4icBHY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4T1I4icBHY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Lee

Great job Tony. But mine is going to stay in the box for a while longer before i get the courage to build it again :D FYI Maybe your issue is headspeed. It did sound to me as if it was very low. These things thrive on high headspeed. Oh and that was a suprise in the 600 video to see you in the flesh LOL

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Even as "Nightmare", shouldn't it be a "she" instead of a "he"? Sounds like a fickle biotch to me :chuckles: Glad you got her in the air again. Good job bro!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Man! Donate it to science! Couple more parts and rename it to align trex 250... Lol!! Good job though... Do tell why was the slow wag though? That would be food to know for me atleast! :) my tail is a nightmare in my whole heli! Lol

Tony

Staff member
Great job Tony. But mine is going to stay in the box for a while longer before i get the courage to build it again :D FYI Maybe your issue is headspeed. It did sound to me as if it was very low. These things thrive on high headspeed. Oh and that was a surprise in the 600 video to see you in the flesh LOL

Well, it was not doing any of that with that head speed last Friday. I'm not sure why it's doing it now. I really think it's the Rx that I'm running. I have seen glitching problems out of these, hence why there is an actual AR6200 with Satellite on the 600 lol. But, it is a little better in idle up. I still have a lot of work to do on it, I just wanted it in the air lol.

Even as "Nightmare", shouldn't it be a "she" instead of a "he"? Sounds like a fickle biotch to me :chuckles: Glad you got her in the air again. Good job bro!

Deceitful, purposeful, and just plain hatefull.... Your right, it is a she BWAHAHAHA

Man! Donate it to science! Couple more parts and rename it to align trex 250... Lol!! Good job though... Do tell why was the slow wag though? That would be food to know for me at least! :) my tail is a nightmare in my whole heli! Lol

Don't have a clue on that slow wag. I will be doing more work on it today though. I will get it dialed in lmao.

Top Bottom