450 Next 450

flysolo

The new T-rex is ready :)

The kit came with the "new" black torque tube and main gears. I changed all the screws to nice ones with real socket heads. Mounted the 3gx on top and did all the wires on the side of the frame in a wire mesh. Single sat under the bottom plate. The old one looked better but I found that this way it's easier to get the frame perfectly straight and a lot nicer to see the 3gx when setting it up.

Some pics..

Wires.jpgSat.jpgGears.jpgEle.jpgComplete.jpg3gx.jpg

Wires.jpg

Sat.jpg

Gears.jpg

Ele.jpg

Complete.jpg

3gx.jpg

flysolo

Looks very good man! Hope to see it flying soon!

Thanks! It was nice to put it together without having to look in in the manual :) Got 2 new 2250 45c pulse batteries with the kit that I'm charging now. When they're done it's time to try it out

flysolo

Awesome! I just ordered 4 new Zippy 2200mah's yesterday for my 450 DFC bird from HK!

How are the Zippy's? I got some turnigy 2200 from HK before and they are all right but bigger than my other 2200 (wellpower) and starting to puff a little. Very happy with Pulse batteries I use in the 550 so I had to get some for the 450

DAL2855

Banned
I like them, I've been using them in the 550 and they've worked great so far, no puffing at all yet, course I've only got about 10 flights on them so far!

Slobberdog

I had the turnigy batteries and they are big for their capacity, gone now to overlanders, I like them more and they seem to have more punch than the turnigy's, and they fit under the canopy better,

Nice build there man, it was quick as well.

flysolo

Man the new heli flies great! I did the gear setup a little different from last time and the sound and performance is so much better on this one. Not a single vibration on spool up.

Already started to save some money to get another 450, maybe mini protos, warp or even the new gaui x3. Like the thought of 6s and 340-360 mm blades spinning at absurd speeds.

Slobberdog

The new trex 450L Dominator will be out soon, that thing looks like its gonna give those other big 450's a run for their money.

Top Bottom