snuffy

Hello people's
Another newbie from north of the 49th. I am a new heli pilot (at least I try to mimic one). I've picked up a couple of kits and carcasses from eBay mostly and it's been a great learning process. Right from the get go? I knew it would be an uphill battle but I love the challenge. So, my first flight crashed quite heavily but I wasn't deterred from this sport.
In my way of thinking, I felt it best to strip it done and rebuild with the intent of learning how these machines operate. Over the course of a couple weeks I've put a couple kits together and it gave me alot of insight as to why these things do what they do.
After rebuilding my crashed heli, I made sure that my DX6I was setup correctly as well as my bird was true and level. I took my bird to the local football/soccer field, spooled it up and wow!!! I was doing it! I took it up hovered around a bit and the heli preformed flawlessly. The operator was quite nervous but I pulled thru it and I look forward to the next flight.
BTW, I fly a thunder tiger 550 class. As well as that one, I've got a pair of t-Rex 450 class as well but I'm waiting to get some soldering done as well as final setup so I can fly the t-Rex as well.
Flight sims and a good sturdy MCPX helped immensely

Thanx for reading this and letting me babble on about this great sport

Snuffy

Tony

Staff member
Hey Snuffy, sounds like you are in the right mindset for this hobby. You can't let it get you down when you crash. Trust me, it's going to happen again lol. It's a great feelign though when you have your first successful flight though, isn't it? I remember mine, then this forum happened and the rest is history lmao.

If there is anything that we can do to help out, all you have to ask. You are right about the sim and mcpx, they are an invaluable resource in this hobby.

:welcome1:

snuffy

Thanx for the encouragement and hospitality. I will continue rebuilding and crashing but at least the local hobby shop and I are on good terms. I like the challenges that surround this sport and I'm always up for a challenge.
I will post a couple pics of my birds as soon as possible

BOKI

snuffy; Welcome to the site & you sound like you are doing pretty well ! The best in your RC Flying !

Top Bottom