Newbie to RC

DaveF

Hello all. I live in Shropshire UK. Brand new to RC, just got a Honey Bee FP no idea how this is going to work out as I just cant fly it!

Admiral

Hi Dave welcome to the forum, not trying to be a killjoy but I think you would do a lot better to get a newer helicopter there has been a lot of advances in stability since the Honey Bee was made which make learning much easier.

Having said that their is no reason that you can't learn on the Honey Bee most of us older member learnt on a Honey Bee or something similar.
Firstly I would recommend that you get an RC Helicopter Simulator for your computer to get used to your controls when you are comfortable with get get some training gear for the Honey Bee and start hovering in tiny steps.

Some recommendations that may help with setup, spares etc

DaveF

Hi Dave welcome to the forum, not trying to be a killjoy but I think you would do a lot better to get a newer helicopter there has been a lot of advances in stability since the Honey Bee was made which make learning much easier.

Having said that their is no reason that you can't learn on the Honey Bee most of us older member learnt on a Honey Bee or something similar.
Firstly I would recommend that you get an RC Helicopter Simulator for your computer to get used to your controls when you are comfortable with get get some training gear for the Honey Bee and start hovering in tiny steps.

Some recommendations that may help with setup, spares etc
As I already have the HB I’ll stick with it for now and practise with a sim but out of interest which Heli would you recommend to start with as I appreciate theHB is a few years old now?

Admiral

My recommendation would be a know brand, flybarless, around 450 or up, and if your going to use training gear rigid not the floppy ball kind as they upset the Gyro too much.

But for the time being stick with the HB you have it, you own it and yes you can learn to fly with it, thousand have in years gone buy.

PS. floppy ball training gear works OK on HB.

Top Bottom