Newbie here

fallinffast

Ok..new here so bare with my future questions as they're probably going to be many.

I'm new to RC heli but have always wanted to learn to fly them. I've got a CX in the air and now and looking to build and crash something bigger. lol My interest will be in scale flying in the future so I'm looking at 450 and larger at this time. I know I should gradually move forward with my skill level, but I want to build one now.

About me? Married, and retired LEO.

I am so glad I found RC-Help!

From one Newbie to another "Welcome!" Love the screen name! You are in the right place, because the people on here are AWESOME and will "bend over backwards" to help you out! I was overwhelmed by the showing of interest and compassion these guys have for heli newbies...best RC website as far as I'm concerned!

If I can help, please don't hesitate to ask!

Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA

Derek

Hi there and welcome to RCH! If you've got questions, we've got answers....its that simple!

So, you've got some "scale flying" thoughts in mind? Fantastic! You mentioned an interest in a 450 or larger. I can't see that as a bad idea. Yes, they cost a bit more than the smaller ones and the crashes will cost more to repair...no doubt, but...it's been a proven fact that 'the larger the helicopter, the easier it will be to fly'. That statement is insanely true. My first collective pitch helicopter was a Blade SR. I spent a lot of money on repairs and never really got rewarded with anything that resembled "flight". Then I bought a Trex 500. I love that helicopter. I've had it for two years and still fly it weekly. Then I got a Trex 600. It's amazingly stable!!! I, then, got a Trex 450. The 450 definitely demands a bit more reaction time and attention while flying but it's much more stable than the original Blade SR that I had.

That all being said, I think you are on the right path with your thinking. Browse around the forum and post your questions as they arise. We'll be around!!! And please...don't ever feel that you are asking a "stupid" question. There's no such thing as a "stupid" question here. I promise you that!!!

Welcome Leo, your definitely in the right place for help, these guys never give up to get you going and keep you there..

Ken Jackson

Hey Leo, yeah cool screen name. I'm with Derek. The 500 is a great size for sustainablility. My first CP was also a Blade SR. I did pretty well with it but those tail motors were a joke, not sure how many I burned up. I went bigger because I just had to fly upside down, lol.

Welcome

Ken

Top Bottom