Videos New Upgrades FPV

Tasajara

I have been flying FPV for a while now and thought it was time to upgrade what I have been doing.
First I changed my antennas from a Patch and rubber duck antenna to:
5 Turn Helical (9.5 dBic)
5.8GHz BlueBeam Whip Antenna
but I have done a little searching and found the same type BluBeam antenna for much less... once they get them in stock :joyous:
FPV Video antenna 5.8Ghz Tx Rx SET- Skew Planar 4 bladed and 3 blade cloverleaf

As far as my Quad goes I removed the carbon fiber booms and replaced them with hard wood 3/8" sticks.
This helps give me a smoother video. The wood will soak up any vibration that balancing the props don't remove.
When using less costly motors the bell on the motor want be balanced so the wood booms do the trick.

I did a couple of videos today.. one was to show my FPV Quad and Ground Station.
The second was a FPV flight I did with my setup.
You will notice a little blur in the video, I had a smudge on my GoPro lens I did not catch.
So even though the video is smooth it looks unclear in the smudge area.

My FPV Quad and Ground Station

xRotor Spider Quad doing FPV

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
You sat that thing out way further than I would have lol. Now you have to walk to get it. haha, the video is very smooth, I like it. And love the setup. Very clean and not a lot of wires running everywhere. So, when are you going to ship me that setup? :chuckles:

Tasajara

LOL I noticed I did land way out there so I powered up and flew it back to me.... I cut that from my video....

- - - Updated - - -

The cheaper antennas may just be cheaper, I found a post on RC Groups where they didn't work any better that his stock ones.
So I guess you get what you pay for... $64 for great ones that work, or cheap ones that work poorly.

murankar

Staff member
What kind of range do you get with that transmitter? Looking good as always, what smudge didn't really notice it at all.

Tasajara

Video TX or Radio? Radio is 3/4 to a mile As far as video I don't know with the new antennas I was afraid I would out fly my controls.
I don't see having a problem doing 5 miles. I think the next time we go flying I may just hop in the truck and drive to see how far the video will go lol

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Where do you come up with the music for your video's? Every time I upload a video with music you tube gives me trouble! Hmmmmm Great video anyways! LOL

Tony

Staff member
You can put music on the video in youtube. It will put a link below your video to the music though.

Top Bottom