new to the hobbies of aircraft

stonefly

The trainer looks like a fun build and i wont be out alot if i totally destroy it whyle i learn how to fly it :)

stonefly

Not much experience had a cheap foam plane/glider that was nice until a tree decided to reach out and whack it down. Fixed it a few times but gave up. Now i think i will try this trainer plane because the parts are so easy to source.

Tony

Staff member
The trainer is a great plane to start out with. It's easy to fly, and strong so it can take a crash. Watch the very first video of the plane right after I designed it, it was all over the place, but I lawn darted it and killed the front nose. I didn't break the prop, and about 20 minutes with hot glue gun I was back in the air. Below is the video. If there is anything we can help with, just let us know. We are always here to help.

Rc-Help Trainer Plane (Name Needed) - YouTube

sarconastic

I built a couple trainers and flew/crashed the heck out of them. They are a blast to build and fly. One is still in pieces down stairs, just haven't had time to put it back together.

Just don't let them draw you to the dark side and get into helicopters. Winter time is the worst time and it is when they get you. It is windy, cold too snowy to fly. So you pick up a small heli to fly inside .Its easy to say it won't happen, but one day you'll wake up and your kitchen table will be missing under the pile of helicopters, batteries, transmitters, chargers and upgrades.

I have a brand new Airfield 182 trainer downstairs I haven't even built because I am building a 450 heli and just got an MCPX. But it is a blast of a sport for sure.

Have fun

Woody

Gerald

Welcome! The trainer is great! I have built one and I loved it! My wing failed and demolished the plane, I have to build another one with a change to the wing! Carbon arrow shaft spar!

Top Bottom