Trucks New to RC

Darren605

I am new to the RC world and just bought a Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 rolling chassis and of course it needs a few thing but one thing is I have to replace the screws as most of the heads are stripped due to someone being careless. But i cant find a proper screw kit to get.. where should I look? Also I am thinking of upgrading to some aluminum parts.. id that wise or use stock? Any help or advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated!!!

Geena

Staff member
For the screws, any metric screw kit is fine. This one is on amain hobbies website, and should have everything you need. I recommend staying away from stainless steel screws. Sure, they don`t rust, but stainless is very solf, and will strip or break a lot faster than carbon steel. Aluminum parts are ok, IF it makes the model better. Just remember that plastic parts are made of plastic for a reason, and most of the time, that reason is to be a sacrificial part. So that other parts don`t get damaged.

Darren605

Thanks! After some digging local hobby shop found a kit.. and luckily they have replacement parts. Looked in great shape but after digging into it, doesn’t look like any preventative maintenance was done. I tried rebuilding the shocks.. what causes the rods to push back out after sealing?

Top Bottom