600 New T-Rex 550e Pro DFC Kit?

Tony

Staff member
It's not not really new, but it's only been out for a couple months (I think). It is the latest kit though that I know of.

heli-maniac

I dont see why they want to call it a 550 when its a 600 that runs on a single 6s battery
thats like calling my warp a 550
My 550V2 dfc woke up just buy putting a real ESC on it And its way more than enough power
I logged almost a 8 minuet Flight with to a close to 2400rpm head speed and no bog
So call that kit what it is a 6s 600

Doum066

They are releasing a new 550 with a 730MX(850 kv) motor called 550 pro :)

Yep that's the one i'm talking about, but i was surprised i've nerver heard of it, then seeing it on Rotorquest.com and Amainhobies and Align as new model, when the 800 DFC came out lately, we heard about it before it got out, and this 550 Pro i've never heard about it, maybe i've skipped too much new post on differents forums i go to :)

flysolo

Yep that's the one i'm talking about, but i was surprised i've nerver heard of it, then seeing it on Rotorquest.com and Amainhobies and Align as new model, when the 800 DFC came out lately, we heard about it before it got out, and this 550 Pro i've never heard about it, maybe i've skipped too much new post on differents forums i go to :)

I only heard about it a couple of days ago also. Very weird, the previous version has only been put for a couple of months. Maybe they got some negative reports back and felt they neeeded a updatetd version fast?

Doum066

I only heard about it a couple of days ago also. Very weird, the previous version has only been put for a couple of months. Maybe they got some negative reports back and felt they neeeded a updatetd version fast?

I was thinking the same as you do, but what kinda wonder is, the major thing people we're talking about was the Talon 90 ESC, as spoken on here the question was, the 550 motor being a bit too much for the ESC, peak burst a bit to much for the 600MX, but you get the same ESC in the new kit, but not only this, but a 730mx motor, which in fact is not found on most online hobby store i looked for, as it was yesterday, so can'T even get the motor specs.... you get sopme other parts upgrades... but still, for a few more hundreds bucks... i rather by my second 550e DFC rather than this new Pro DFC version, so far that one is powerful enough for me :)

flysolo

The 730MX is 850kv and the 600MX is 1220 kv. If they are both running on 6-cell the gearing is going to be different right? Could this put less strain on the ESC even though it's a bigger motor?

Top Bottom