New round of storms!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I was just watching Fox News while having dinner. I see there is a new found if storms hammering the OK city area of Ok! I hope everyone is safe!

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's one HUGE super cell storm that is dropping multiple tornadoes. One is heading right across the same area that was just hit on the 20th. There is another one that could be heading this way. I have the radar up and I'm watching it.

Mate take care and take it easy, as Breeze said, take shelter if need to, and don't leave it too late. All the best to you and the fam, and all the others in the area

RandyDSok

Here is a relative velocity shot I took when there were several locations being hit out West of OKC... The primary one, by Mustang, is actually several different tornado's all in that one area...

View attachment 6595

About an hour later we had a reported tornado down where I'm at... but I was too busy driving over to a basement at work to upload a shot then... it was much less of a spin than the above shot anyway.

Tony

Staff member
Had baseball size hail. Busted out the living room window, broke multiple aquariums that I had outside and tore down some pretty large limbs off my trees. Reported straight line winds over 115mph just a mile north of me. I'm guessing about 80 here at my house.

Karubah

Damn, you blokes are certainly copping it over there. Gentle rain here today, the first decent rain we have had for just on 7 months, it is desperately needed by the farmers as they were looking down the barrel of another drought. Anyway stay safe and I hope everyone stays safe and not too much damage.:duck:

Mate at least you guys are ok physically. Hope it can all be fixed up easily enough once everything dies down a bit.
We just have no idea.

Tony

Staff member
things here have calmed down. But just north in Oklahoma City, they are getting major flooding rain. The last 3 years have been very dry resulting in a severe drought and this year, we are about a foot of rain above normal. Figures this would be the year my mower doesn't want to run.

BOKI

Tony; Good luck with the storms & hope you will be OK! We are have severe Thunder storms & lots of rain! The South East corner of town water went over the dike & about 6 city blocks the houses are tagged as not able to be lived in again!

Tony

Staff member
So far, the severe weather has moved on east. However, we are STILL getting rain. 3 years of very little rain and this year it's trying to make up for the last three in a month. Love the rain, it just needs to be spread out a bit. Lots of flooding going on right now. Not sure how the wife is going to get home in her Camaro.

BOKI

So far this year we have had lots of severe storms with lots of rain ! The wind has been bad also! Windy every day & night! So far no good flying weather!

callsign4223

Staff member
That sucks about the window and aquariums Tony. The only damage at my house was a few more dents in my truck to match the rest that were already there and a couple BIG branches ripped off of one of my trees in the back yard. This just means I have and excuse to play with my chainsaw now though. I need to run by my rent house and see how it is. Supposedly there was a tornado less than a mile from it. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if it was gone, I have learned that being a landlord is not something I enjoy and being spared the hassle of fixing it up and trying to sell it would be OK with me. I just hope my renter is ok, I haven't heard from her in 2 weeks and still haven't heard anything from her today either.

Tony

Staff member
Well, after 3 weeks of not being able to mow my yard, it HAD to be done today. After flooding rains, the lawn was so soft that even my weedeater was getting stuck...

I do have a pretty good pile of limbs that need to be burned now. Guess I can burn those when I burn my old bedroom set since no one wants it.

Top Bottom