1Swoopdog

Hi guys.........
New here, just started flying RC helicopters. I bought a Blade CP S RTF, and had nothing but problems with it (Would not bind).
I took it back to the shop I bought it from, and they couldn't make it work either. After an hour (the hobby shop) on the phone with Horizon , they got it to bind. I flew it a few times at home, and crashed it several times, but the last time it lost bind. I couldn't get it to bind again. Anyway had great fun when it did fly. Only trying to hover.
To make a long story short, I bought 3 brand new Align Helicopters. I'm addicted and I can't even fly one. Hoping to learn a lot here, and someday being able to fly, and land successfully. I'm going to need a great deal of help, and looking forward To meeting you guys.

Thanks to all you guys in advance.

Smoggie

A common cause of failure to bind but one that doesnt get much mention in the manuals is holding the transmitter too close to the receiver. Keep the Tx 2M or so away from the receiver while binding.

A collective pitch micro is a hard way to learn heli flying. The CPS has a stability mode which should help but it will still be a steep learning curve. I consider myself a reasonable heli flyer and have many hundreds of flights on larger helis without incident but I still avid micro CP helis as i find them too tricky and frustrating, both the fly and to maintain. ... But each to their own, some love their micros.

What Align helis have you got?

Tony

Staff member
I usually say 1M (or about 3 feet) with the antenna pointing away from the Rx, but 2M will work just fine as well I just find it hard to do it all without getting up (I fly RC, I'm lazy lmao).

No matter what help you need, that is what we are here for. Post up questions when you have them and we will help you out.

Welcome to RCH.

:welcome1:

Welcome. I would suggest a simulator to start out with. Hitting the red button is free after you crash! LOL

Welcome to the greatest RC Forum on the planet!

Smoggie

I usually say 1M (or about 3 feet) with the antenna pointing away from the Rx, but 2M will work just fine as well I just find it hard to do it all without getting up (I fly RC, I'm lazy lmao).

Yeah, contrary to my own advice i usually just hold the Tx as far from the RX as my arm span allows, which is probably less than 2M. I'm lazy too!

holtneil

Hi Guys I normal stand out side the room when Binding so its about 3mtrs , It a real shame Blade stop making the MPCX v2 was a great tough micro took lots of crashes
but its hard to find a good one now the MPCX BL it too hard to fly , How about the nano qx they say this in expert mode is as hard as a CP heli

Lee

MPCX?
Not heard of that one Neil.
But I have heard of the MCPX :D

Welcome to the forum 1Swoopdog, In Da House :)

Admiral

Welcome to the forum, 450 is a good size to learn on, less twitchy than a micro and not too expensive to repair.

Top Bottom