New member, newbie

solcman

Bonjour everyone

I am a newbie in this wonderful hobby, no kidding. I started out last summer with a TRex 500 and DX8, but I'm still struggling with collective pitch. I also have a Blade Nano cPX for in-house flying during winter months, but it seems that the walls are too close, or that sometimes they just jump at my little yellow bird. I guess you know what I'm talking about. Many thanks to the Web and particularly sites like this one from which I have learned most of what I know about RC helis. I am in the process of changing the frame of the Nano cPX and I am right down to pulling the motor out and replacing it with a genuine Nano brushless motor. But darn, I just noticed that the new motor is longer and slimmer than the original and its too late Friday evening to go back to the hobby house. Come springtime, I'll be out again trying to get the big one up in the air and hoping it stays up there until I tell it to come down.

Many thanks for the help - solcman

solcman

I replaced the frame of my Nano cpx and at the same time, I installed a bl motor. The bl was a fit so tight I was unable to install it so I used a pair of ajustable pliers and ever so gently pressed the bl in. Worked perfectly. After completing the update, I tried to fly it but it would not spool up. Everything seems to work fine except the left stick doesn't change the angle of attack. What could be wrong? What have I left out that would help you understand what's wrong? Thanks

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
:welcome1: Welcome to the forum. I am a newb as well and there are a lot of great people, information and videos here.

I'll take a stab at your issue: Did you rebind it once you got it back together? I had a similar issue with mine after a crash. Once I fixed everything (I did not replace the motor but unplugged it) I had no collective or throttle response. I rebound it to my Tx and bingo! That was it! Full control regained....

I now pass to the more experienced pilots here......

murankar

Staff member
New motor means he may have to program in end points on the throttle. Next if the kit was not originally brushless then you may need a brushless esc to go with the motor.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

solcman

Thanks HeliDino. I did a rebind as you suggested and it helped a wee bit. It now flies 2 - 3 inches off the floor. It seems to be pushing a lot of air aft on port side and little vertically down if any. Still lookin'

solcman

Murankar, the brushless is the factory model and it includes the ESC, unless as a newbie I'm mistaken. Setting up end points will have to wait a little while for lack of time right now. Thanks Murankar

Top Bottom