New helicopter

Geena

Staff member
The first of my three new helicopter kits came a few days ago, a Whiplash 90 Nitro V2. It`s all built, set up and ready to fly this weekend. Maiden flight video to follow. Hopefully, my Whiplash 730E and Fury 57 will get here soon so I can start building them

IMG_1755.jpgIMG_1757.jpgIMG_1758.jpg.

Geena

Staff member
No, Ivan. The GAUI helicopters are all gone. I pulled all the electronics out, to go into the Whiplashes.

Geena

Staff member
Update on the Whiplash nitro. This thing is a beast! The maiden flight went very well, and I NAILED the Bavarian Demon setup on the first shot. All I had to do, was turn the agility rate up some. Other than that, the setup was perfect. I have about 50...ish flights on it so far, and it`s performing flawlessly. :)

IMG_1852.jpgIMG_1816.jpgIMG_1813.jpgIMG_1786.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I new it wouldn't take you long to get her flying the way you want. That's awesome that all is working out well for you with your new sponsor Geena. Now go teach them how to fly :).

Geena

Staff member
I new it wouldn't take you long to get her flying the way you want. That's awesome that all is working out well for you with your new sponsor Geena. Now go teach them how to fly :).
It never takes me long to tune a FBL unit. I have been flying Bavarian Demon for so Long, I can tune them in m,y sleep...LOL

Smoggie

No, Ivan. The GAUI helicopters are all gone. I pulled all the electronics out, to go into the Whiplashes.

The Whiplash looks fantastic... Out of curiosity, was the move away from Gaui due to the brand's possible demise? This is something that has been speculated on for a while and your move might be further evidence.. Or possibly you just wanted a change and I'm reading too much into it?

Geena

Staff member
The Whiplash looks fantastic... Out of curiosity, was the move away from Gaui due to the brand's possible demise? This is something that has been speculated on for a while and your move might be further evidence.. Or possibly you just wanted a change and I'm reading too much into it?
You`re reading way to far into it. Every time a pilot leaves a brand, everyone freaks out and assumes that the brand being left is in trouble or danger of disappearing. Nothing could be farther than the truth. GAUI is doing quite well, and is NOT going anywhere. I was offered a better sponsorship from MA, and I took it... It`s just that simple. For anyone who is reading this, who owns GAUI helicopters......you don`t have to sell them. GAUI is here to stay.

Smoggie

Thanks for clearing it up, I thought I was probably reading too much into it :) Here in the UK GAUI have been quite 'dormant' in recent years so it leads to speculation.

Geena

Staff member
Thanks for clearing it up, I thought I was probably reading too much into it :) Here in the UK GAUI have been quite 'dormant' in recent years so it leads to speculation.
They`re still pretty heavy hitters in Europe and the Orient, and I`m sure they will be a relevant brand here in the States for quite a while too. Sometimes you just need a change, and when I started competing in F3C, Miniature aircraft made me an offer I couldn`t (would have been a fool) to refuse.

Geena

Staff member
My other two helicopters arrived from Germany a few days ago. The Whiplash 730E and the Fury 57 both got here last Friday. I have the Whiplash built, and all that`s left is setup. I`ll do that either tonight or tomorrow, as it will only take me about 20 minutes to set it up.

The Fury is still in that box, but I`ll get started on building it soon. They sent me some beautiful canopies for both of them, and for some reason (German sense of humor, maybe) they sent an angry bird canopy with the Fury, along with the snake colour that I requested...LOL. Here are a few photos of the Whiplash 730E and the canopies for both helicopters.

IMG_1975.jpgIMG_1972.jpgIMG_1979.jpgIMG_1981.jpgIMG_1983.jpgIMG_1984.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Oh wow Geena. Those birds are going to be sharp looking. I'll bet you cant wait to get those 2 birds flying. I would say ,"Good luck" but with your skills is more like, "Show them what you got" :).

Geena

Staff member
Oh wow Geena. Those birds are going to be sharp looking. I'll bet you cant wait to get those 2 birds flying. I would say ,"Good luck" but with your skills is more like, "Show them what you got" :).
The 730E will be flyable tonight, and the maiden flight will happen this coming weekend....provided the batteries get here by then. The Fury is going to be a while though. I`m still waiting on fuel line, the governor, and blades to get here.

Geena

Staff member
I got the third one nearly finished today. The Fury 57 was a pretty fast build. It went from kit to completed airframe, in about 4 hours. All I have left is to install the electronics and set it up.

IMG_2011.jpgIMG_2015.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:chickendance:I'm loving the new line of helis you have adopted Geena. I know you won't abuse them like you did with the Gaui's :rotflmao:

Geena

Staff member
:chickendance:I'm loving the new line of helis you have adopted Geena. I know you won't abuse them like you did with the Gaui's :rotflmao:
Thanks. I`m really enjoying flying Miniature Aircraft again. I flew them years ago, when I was sponsored by HeliProz in Billings Montana. As for not abusing them.....Hahahahaha. The Whiplash nitro is already scared of me. :lmao:

Geena

Staff member
Well poo! I got the Fury 57 all set up and ready to fly last Friday, and test ran the engine in the back yard. Got the throttle endpoints and governor set up. Then took it to the filed for the maiden flight on Saturday. The engine, a YS60SR, had been sitting in my hobby room for like 4 years. But it started.....so I figured good to go.. LOL... wrong. It will idle until it runs out of fuel, but as soon as I try to spool it up.....it dies. Apparently the regulator either hardened up, or has a hole in it and as soon as the engine starts demanding more fuel it leans out and dies. I could not find a new regulator anywhere online, so i ordered a whole new engine for it. It will be here Monday, so the maiden is pushed back until next weekend. When regulators come back in stock, I`ll get one, and then I`ll have a spare engine.

Top Bottom