New Heli Pilot Wannabe

Heli 66

Hey everyone, I'm new to the Forum and i look forward to learning everything i can about The Heli world from everyone here.

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Not a "wannabe", your a "Pilot In Training"... Welcome to the forum Heli 66, Hope to see some pics and vids of your aircraft here soon. We are having an issue with the uploader if you are using anything BUT IE9, if you have an issue, just click the "Use Basic Uploader" in the bottom right of the small page of the pic upload box.

Unlike the issues you had on other forums not being able to get info, we will do everything we can to get you the info you need. And here there is no worry about someone coming down on you, talking down to you, or bashing you for asking the questions that we have all asked. That is why I created this forum, I wanted a place that people could come where they can actually get the help they need. so ask away!

Tony

Staff member
Well, I see an align strap and skids, so I'm wondering if this isn't an older Align heli. Not sure though. Love that first one.

Lee

Welcome dude. The helis look very interesting. I have no idea what that second one is. Look forward to chatting with you.

Heli 66

The closest thing i have found is Mabye a Century?? At any rate what all do you think i would need to get it going. I was told that its eiather a 550 or 600. What servos, ESC and gyro would i need if it is in fact a 550 or 600. Dont want to break the bank on that one , i will save that for the Raptor

Tony

Staff member
You will need to measure the blades. 600's have 600mm blades. when they are on the heli, they will be at a span of about 55". As for what you would need, I'm guessing 3 standard servos with 1 standard digital for the tail. good gyro, Rx and battery. The ESc that I used on mine was the 60a Exceed from hobbyparts. Great ESC (Proton Series). The Hobbywing 60a is great as well. I'm using it in my 50" Edge 540 and love it.

Heli 66

Thanks for the info, I got more info about this heli from u in the couple of hours on this Forum than i have in the 2 weeks that i have had it. Thanks and i am sure i will be asking more questions when i get ready to fix it up.

Tony

Staff member
that is sounding a lot like a 550 size. Your measurement is equal to 565.15mm, but if you cut down the root to the bolt, it will come out to about 550mm or there abouts.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Welcome to the forum, and cool looking heli, though the first one is almost a steam punk look. I like it. If these are your first heli, you are in for an interesting time this summer.

Heli 66

Yea, They are my first, i had a A large p-51 Mustang once when i was younger and i got impatient and thought to myself "How hard can it be" Got it about 30feet into the air and it went straight into the dirt, That's why i went to RC cars and trucks but im older now and hope patience has come with age. I got alot to learn yet, but i think i can do it.

Charles38fla

Heli 66 welcome to the forum ! Like I to am a newbie pilot and have a lot to learn. These guys here know what they are talking about trust me :) Nice looking birds you have there!!!!! the second one looks like an earlier mekcado 550 or KDS 600 early model.

Top Bottom