New Heli and Quad bench Build

Karubah

I have been building a new work bench for my heli's and quad to go in the corner of my shed. The timber is River Red Gum and it is a slab that I milled off the Murrimbidgee River 3 years ago. the size of the bench is 3.5m x 1.15m. and is one piece of timber.
.6-6-13 007.jpg6-6-13 009.jpg6-6-13 011.jpg6-6-13 012.jpg. The pattern you can see in the grain of the timber is called fiddle back.

6-6-13 007.jpg

6-6-13 009.jpg

6-6-13 011.jpg

6-6-13 012.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Looking good there Andy. Just needs a big ass Rc-Help.com inlay and it would be complete :chuckles:

Tony

Staff member
No no, you need to cut the inlay out of some dark wood then carve your table so they fit perfectly hehe. Shouldn't take but about 3 months to do all of it!

Karubah

Too much work to inlay. I might just route it out and use black resin to fill it. I'll have to make up a template first. Great idea Tony. it should look good.

Karubah

It is great timber. A slab that size I usually push out the door for around $2500 Aus. The trouble is I have a shed full and it does not move out the door fast enough. Lol

Tony

Staff member
It would if you were closer to me. I would LOVE to have some of that to play around with.

Top Bottom