New guy here.

joeosborn

Hey everyone. Just saw the videos on Youtube about the trainer, and came over here to log on and check things out.
I am new to this hobby per say. Never could afford to get in to this when I was younger though I wanted too. then joined the Navy and made a career out of that. Now I am older, my kids are grown and I am at a point that I can afford to do some things that I have wanted too for a while.
I am very surprised to see how things have changed since the 80's with this i.e. foam, electric motors and so on. A lot of this for the good in the sense of economics, but also that it makes learning a little easier on the pocket book.
I currently live in Georgia and have purchased a couple of small foam planes one is a G-Kemi Cesna 185 the other is a Corsair. But still have the idea of building my own and that is what lead me to here.
Well enough about me for now. Just wanted to say hello and like what you are doing. Take care and I will check the site frequently.

Joe

svan3001

Welcome Joe, there are quite a few of us who have came here later in life, and after a tour in the Navy. svan3001 (Sam)

joeosborn

Hey all.
Thanks for the welcome! I am sure that I will be asking quite a few questions. So if I ask the stupid ones or the redundant ones, just bare with me. I joined a local club around the area that has a pretty nice field to fly in. just need to get a radio with a buddy box connection. so that I can work with one of the instructor's there. Haven't done much flying. One of the main things was as I was getting in to this my company decided to shift me to nights, cant complain, it came with a bit of a promotion.

Karubah

Welcome to RCH. You will find a few of us older blokes on here that are new to flying and RC. There are no dumb questions when you are learning as we have gain our knowledge from those that know, so ask away.

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here. Remember one thing, there are no stupid or redundant questions. I created this forum because members that did ask a redundant question were horribly harassed at other forums and I was tired of it. Nothing but friendly help here on Rc-Help.com. So no matter the questions, post them up and someone will help you out. Make sure to post pictures and videos as we love to see them.

:welcome1:

Aregorn1

:welcome1: Joe, new here myself.

Hey Joe, You sound like you are in the same boat as me, so to speak. I had to retire from the Army National Guard because my back went south on me. I lost my earlier interest in RC after I went to help my Uncle on one of his planes, hummm I was about 12, 13, and after spending hours trying to glue sheets of balsa, and looking at the complicated rigging that went into one of his planes. Not to mention the cost. :disillusionment: I did get one of the tether planes and flew it for months until I burned up the engine. but never got back there, until my wife got me RedCat Cessna 182. LOL :duh: mistake one her part, cos I am :onthego: off to the races. We are both from GA. I guess I will have to get over the Navy thing though, LMAO.

Later
Michael

joeosborn

Thanks to all of the welcoming party! All kidding aside, it's good to find a site like this. Being in the corrugated industry, there are no special schools for it, and I have seen several of my employees harass a new person on the floor for not knowing what was going on. I look at it that what I am doing now is a far cry from working on the flight deck of a ship, so I do try to work with the new people to make sure that they have the best possible knowledge, skills and tools to perform the job. Also lean on the ones that want to bash others who don't know. So to find a place that is established for those who don't have the knowledge is like a breath of fresh air.

As for you Michael, same with you I suppose, I have heard all the Navy jokes, it's all part of the service, Bring em on Buddy!!!! LOL at the end of the day, we are still brothers in arms. To the fine folks from overseas I have had the pleasure of visiting some of your home lands, but not all. That was a blessing that I have from my military service, and did appreciate the chance to go to them. Although I have never had the chance to make it to Scotland, although I have always wanted to go.
Sounds like a good bunch of people in here and cant wait to share stories and the "Crashes" LOL

Thanks again

Joe

Aregorn1

LOL I couldn't resist it, I had to say it. :lol: Your right though Bro. I'll try to control myself hahahehaheha. I'm sure we will talk later.

Michael

Top Bottom