New Action Camera about hit the market.

Lee

Hi Guys,
Been looking for a new camera since my Hero 3 died.
And I think I have found one.
Its the new OLFI action cam, from right here in the UK.
Check out the specs guys. This is a seriously cool bit of kit.
Everything you could want from an Action Cam, and more, but check the price!!!!!
I don't think you can beat this.
It will be available from March, but you can preorder now, for the reduced price of £99.
olfi camera | official store
Hoping to have one in my hands soon, and i'll let you all know, how it performs.

Smoggie

That looks really good, and amazing value. My only concern (and it's a big one) would be ordering a product that's never been seen in the flesh from a business I've never heard of.
Call me cynical but I cant help but worry about the prospect of whoever is behind it ether running off with the loot, or equally the business failing before the camera materialises. It's really quite a gamble especially with technology products, the 'zano' drone being one recent example that left a lot of people who pre-ordered considerably out of pocket (another UK company too!)

Does 'olfi' have any demonstrable track record?

Lee

Olfi is a brand of Hedcamz. They are a leading company in the UK, for the sale, and reparation of many types of camera.
I originally sent them an email about fixing my broken Gopro Hero 3, but found this camera. And for the price, it was cheaper to buy that, than fix my GoPro.

I sent an email to Carl Long, the managing director, with your concerns about the company.
He was very happy to receive your constructive criticism.
So much so, that he has changed the About tab, on the website, to explain more clearly, the origins of the company.
Take a look. olfi camera | About olfi
They also sell DJI quadcopter as well :)
Hoping to have my camera ASAP

Smoggie

Lee,

Thanks for taking the time to address my concern. i'm a sceptical 'so and so' but often my scepticism is proved right! It's very reassuring that there is an established business behind the camera, and that the guy owning the business takes onboard these comments. Hopefully it will help with his sales because I'm probably not the only one with similar concerns.

Do you have a ETA date for your camera?

Lee

The release date in intended to be in March.
I'm hoping to get mine as soon as stocks are in. :)

murankar

Staff member
Pre order price is 145.05 and the non promotional price is 210.45. I wish I could get this camera right now. I just got myself in a budget strict situation. One day I will have a high end camera.

Lee

So here is a first look at my new camera.
I can't emphasise how good this is for the price.
It has all the video qualities of a Gopro Hero 4 Black, plus more, like HDR, and Gyro stabilisation,
yet its a half to a third of the price.
Check it out and see what you guys think.

OLFI Action Cam - YouTube

Last edited:

trainrider06

Nice review Lee! I enjoy your instructional video's and product reviews, that directional tail pitch video I still refer to when someone had questions about it. :)

Lee

Thanks Rodney.
I did a quick test, but only on my selfie stick as its too windy to fly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom