General Negative Collective.

concodd

Prior to having problems with my tail servo I had done a fair bit of the 3GX set up including my main blade set up. They were going up and down well, I got as close as I could to 0 pitch and I had good figures for my positive and negative collective. Now during the wait for for a replacement servo (which I did not need) I did some settings in my TX, these being Pitch and Throttle curves. and also D/R & Exp. So today, now that everything is working I thought I would go through and see if my 3GX set up was still good. For some reason I no longer have a negative collective. positive collective is fine. it sits fine on zero pitch but when I use the stick for negative collective it barley moves. Question, before I start messing with anything, has this happened because I put those settings in my TX??

Derek

When you were doing your setup in the tx, did you have a linear pitch curve?

Something that will happen is if you have changed your Normal Mode Pitch Curve, to the beginner's setup that many of us recommend (46,48,50,75,100), you will not have much negative collective movement because it is set that way. When you flip to your Stunt Mode(s), you'll get your negative collective.

Last edited by a moderator:

concodd

Thanks Derek, you were right when I went into stunt mode I got my negative back. If I want to go in and adjust my positive and negative collective, how does one do that? Do I have to delete all that I put into my TX.

Derek

I was thinking the same thing when the same scenario happened to me. I'd move my collective stick up and down and the swash would move full up but not down and I was scratching my head for hours. Then it dawned on me that the settings, for Normal Mode, limit the swash like that.

As far as making changes, you aren't "deleting" anything at all...merely "editing". Just go into your Pitch Curve menu and you can make your changes there. What kind of changes are you thinking about making? In all honesty, for a beginner, you won't need much negative collective until you get use your helicopter and how it moves...how it reacts. I'm not much of a "beginner" anymore but I am far from any sort of "SMACK" flying and I still use this Pitch Curve: 46,48,50,75,100 in Normal Mode because it just works for me. Tony gave me that Pitch Curve over a year ago and I still use that same curve to get my helicopters off the ground.

Just remember, If you have set 0 degrees of pitch at mid stick, any number (on your Pitch Curve) less than 50 will be negative collective. Any number above 50 (on your Pitch Curve) will be positive collective.

I hope this helps!!!

Last edited:

concodd

Not really making any changes just want to adjust and check 0 pitch and try and get my pos and neg collective between 10 and 12 again. I think my settings on these May have changed with all my problems over the past week.

Derek

ok, then I think you are on the right track. When you are checking to make sure that you have the positive, zero, and negative pitch set where you want it then you will need to have a linear pitch curve: 0,25,50,75,100. So, in your Pitch Curve menu, setup a linear pitch curve...do your checking and make adjustments if needed. Once you've confirmed that you have the settings that you want, simply go back to your Pitch Curve menu and change the curve back to the other curve and you should be good to go.

Good luck buddy!!!

Top Bottom